bashincajun

Looking for a VPS

9 posts in this topic

anybody have a preferred Platform/vendor?  I am looking at mainly using it for out of network testing and a possibly for a websites.

Just wondering if anybody had good reviews of any or one that is preferred

I know Darren uses dreamhost.com for hosting his personal domain and I think he uses VPS from them too.

I personal use virtual machines from my own co-located server and also use VPS from Microsoft Azure (I have $150 credit per month from MSDN/Visual studio sub) (Sorta free virtual machine)

Also if you are looking for a Free VPS, Google offers a free f1-micro (shared cpu with 0.6GB RAM) instance with 30GB HDD and 1GB of traffic out (inboud traffic is free).

Link for Google Cloud here https://cloud.google.com/free/docs/always-free-usage-limits

i have used ovh, it is super cheap, but it takes couple days to get thw vps set up.

I use Vultr , for my personal website and deploying test servers for pen testing etc. It's really cheap. 5 USD/month for the cheapest plan. and its pay as you go. billed by the hour. 

Correction: Vultr introduced a $2.5 plan as their cheapest. And also they use SSDs.

i will be at least setting on the google one because well cant beat free. I have a ESX environment already but want something external to my home/office network.  I may host a couple of plain pages off of it

Thanks for all the feedback