Recommended application for Pineapple Nano/Tetra module development

esa

I have been using a trial version of JetBrains WebStorm for development of some Nano/Tetra modules. Unfortunately the trial is expiring & it is a costly product @129USD for a year's license. 

Any modules developers can recommend something good that you are using? 

Requires support for html, angularjs, python, php.

Hi @esa,

I usually just use Sublime Text 3, but Atom is a pretty good free (and open source) alternative. They can both be setup to be very IDE like, but I have to admit they do not really get close to what Jetbrains has to offer.

Having used PHPStorm in the past, I still do most of my Pineapple coding in Sublime as most of the features PHPStorm offers are not too relevant here or are available via plugins in both Sublime and Atom. It does take some time to setup and configure the way you want it, but it's definitely worth it.

On 01/05/2017 at 8:12 AM, Sebkinne said:

Hi @esa,

I usually just use Sublime Text 3, but Atom is a pretty good free (and open source) alternative. They can both be setup to be very IDE like, but I have to admit they do not really get close to what Jetbrains has to offer.

Having used PHPStorm in the past, I still do most of my Pineapple coding in Sublime as most of the features PHPStorm offers are not too relevant here or are available via plugins in both Sublime and Atom. It does take some time to setup and configure the way you want it, but it's definitely worth it.

Thanks will give sublime text a try after my Jetbrain trial expires this weekend. 

I use Sublime Text 3, and i've also had good experience with using Notepad++.
Both have SFTP plugins you can use to make changes directly to the Pineapples, so that changes happens instantly.

By the way, Sebkinne: Do you have any tips for plugins except SFTP that are useful for this sort of development?