Windows 7 initial use

youngd24

Recently picked up the Ducky and have to say, neat little device. I've searched and trolled through the forum to see if there's an answer to this with no luck.

I have a basic inject.bin on the device but have noticed, on more than one machine, Windows 7 pops up a couple of messages in the system tray when first inserted about devices being installed (and what not) and in those cases inject.bin never runs. Tried adding DELAY 1000 with REPLAY 20 in the hopes those boxes would be gone but inject never fires. Click on those system messages (or let them disappear), reinsert the Ducky and it fires. Is there any way to fake Windows into not firing those message boxes or somehow having the Ducky "click" them?

Sorry for a second question in the same thread, does anyone know of a way to get Windows 7 to "forget" those device drivers were installed/attached? It only does that once on the initial insertion of the Ducky and I have to either fire up a new VM to test again or snag someone else's machine. 

• 2 months later...
On ‎4‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 6:37 PM, youngd24 said:

Recently picked up the Ducky and have to say, neat little device. I've searched and trolled through the forum to see if there's an answer to this with no luck.

I have a basic inject.bin on the device but have noticed, on more than one machine, Windows 7 pops up a couple of messages in the system tray when first inserted about devices being installed (and what not) and in those cases inject.bin never runs. Tried adding DELAY 1000 with REPLAY 20 in the hopes those boxes would be gone but inject never fires. Click on those system messages (or let them disappear), reinsert the Ducky and it fires. Is there any way to fake Windows into not firing those message boxes or somehow having the Ducky "click" them?

Sorry for a second question in the same thread, does anyone know of a way to get Windows 7 to "forget" those device drivers were installed/attached? It only does that once on the initial insertion of the Ducky and I have to either fire up a new VM to test again or snag someone else's machine. 

Sorry this is thread is old but I was looking through the forum and wanted to comment on this.  Yes you are 100% correct and I've asked about this (probably in a different sort of way) and did not get the answer I was hoping.  The very first time you plug the duck into a box Win7 has to load up a driver for it.  (I haven't done too much with win10 just cause I don't like it so I cannot comment on that) but I would assume all windows OS's will have to initially install a driver.  Be it keyboard or storage.  So the very first time you plug a duck in it may not run the script.  I have had this happen every time and I own two ducks.  Hitting the replay button on the duck itself usually takes care of it or just re-inserting it. 

Don't get me wrong I love the ducks and lan turtles but you simply cannot just plug them in to a virgin machine and expect it to work within a few seconds.  They are great tools but they just don't do what they show them doing on tv.  On Win7 I actually had to manually install a driver to get he lan turtle to work...  Again great tools though! 

For your second question, to get them to reinstall again you'd have to go to your device manager and find the duck, (keyboard or storage) remove the driver and then the next time you plug it in it should have a small delay while it looks up the driver for it.  I do not believe it will 100% as long as the very first time it was plugged in because I believe there is some sort of lookup table that gets created.  Just my assumption but...I think of it as first time you plug something in the computer goes oh what's this, let me look it up and make a note of it, find the driver, install the driver, ah it works.  Plug it in again and it goes let look this up, ah I already have it done, ah it works.  Uninstalling the driver would (I assume) go let me look this up, I have it but the driver is missing, reinstall the driver, ah it works again.  So that should cause some delay so you can test a longer delay in the script or force a replay.

Hope this answered your question.