WiFi Client Mode with SBUX

mda1125

At home, I plug in a USB dongle and use that to easily connect to my home AP.  I can route any connected clients thru my Pineapple.  Works great.

However, out and about, if I find Free WiFi that at least makes me input a password, it's golden!  But many places like SBUX are "free" but ask the user to initially accept and connect.

That option doesn't seem to work via the WiFi Client Mode as there is no "password" to enter.

I could tether the device and have but that option negates the use of the USB for a 3rd radio.

I could use PortalAuth in combination with Evil Portal to at least attempt to capture I suspect.

Edited by mda1125
Thought of 2 additional modules

4 minutes ago, mda1125 said:

At home, I plug in a USB dongle and use that to easily connect to my home AP.  I can route any connected clients thru my Pineapple.  Works great.

However, out and about, if I find Free WiFi that at least makes me input a password, it's golden!  But many places like SBUX are "free" but ask the user to initially accept and connect.

That option doesn't seem to work via the WiFi Client Mode as there is no "password" to enter.

I could tether the device and have but that option negates the use of the USB for a 3rd radio.

I could use PortalAuth in combination with Evil Portal to at least attempt to capture I suspect.

1 solution. Use your phone to connect to SBUX wifi then "accept and connect" thru the phone's browser. Now that the phone has internet, turn on usb tethering and connect your pineapple to the phone using usb connection. Dun forget to download the wifi pineapple apk for easy access to your pineapple's management console. 

**Dont think there is an easy solution to an offline captive portal. Good luck hf.

Duh!  You are totally right.. :happy:

I connected the phone to said network, then tethered it to my phone.  I was able to connect to the Management Portal and verify Internet connectivity. 

Interesting enough, when I went to another place today my Google Wifi Assistant automatically connected to a network (this after I removed all previously saved networks).  I was able to connect, surf and tether.  Connected to the Management Portal BUT... this time checking connectivity thru the Portal did not work.  However, opening a tab and surfing did.  So my phone had connectivity but the method to check didn't work.  But going directly to Wifipineapple.com did.

When I left this place, that network is not in my Saved Network list.

Maybe if I disconnected and then did it manually and not thru the Google Wifi Assistant, it might have been a different experience.