John12345678910

Wifi pineapple not detected yet it is plugged in

17 posts in this topic

kFOSBXg.png

I have it plugged in and setup but I cant get it to load up the bulletins and I just want to know what I can do to set this up

I can see that you have shared your Wi-Fi connection.
Are you connected to the Pineapple with that interface?
Also, what interface are your main internet-connection? Because that's the one you would want to share towards your Pineapple USB-interface.

The reason i'm asking if you're connected to the Pineapple over WiFi is because that is your only active connection.
And i cannot locate the interface you get when you connect your Pineapple to your USB-port.

I got it to work but now I want to use it on my phone but I cant get it to connect is there any way to get it to work I tried everything I could but it wouldnt work

10 hours ago, John12345678910 said:

it straight up wont start up it just freezes the app

Would be useful to explain in more details each step you took and what happen. A screenshot might be useful too.

This would help us understand the situation better and perhaps help you find a solution. 

2 hours ago, esa said:

Would be useful to explain in more details each step you took and what happen. A screenshot might be useful too.

This would help us understand the situation better and perhaps help you find a solution. 

Yeah definetly, it's hard to help with that little information to go on.

ok so I hooked it up and set it up but on my pc but it wont share the interwebz to the wifi pineapple on my phone

You are providing to little information for us to help you properly.
Please be more specific.

ok so I plugged it in to my phone and I am using the adapter that comes with the samsung galaxy s8 and I am using said phone I plugged it in to it and launched the app but it will just keep on the oading screena dn do nothing but load and than the app crashes and nothing happens

Posted (edited)

Thanks, that provided a bit more depth into the situation.
By the way you're describing your problem it sounds like the error might lie within your phone, either the phone itself, the OS (Android), or the software (that keeps crashing.)
That Samsung is quite new, so i wouldn't be surprised if those errors are related to that. (Outdated software?)

But that's pure speculation.

I can't come up with anything more you would need to check.
Hope you get this sorted out.

Edited by Zylla

no like I tried it on 2 other phones and I think the software for the pineapple is just fucked xdd

Posted (edited)

13 hours ago, John12345678910 said:

no like I tried it on 2 other phones and I think the software for the pineapple is just fucked xdd

Just to verify you got the app from https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.hak5.pineappleconnector&hl=en. And both your phones are samsung S8? 

The app works for me on Samsung S4, S8.4 Tablet, S5, Note2 & Redmi note3. 

If the app is not compatible on your phone you might want to try connecting using your PC. You mentioned that your PC is not sharing internet with Wifi Pineapple ? Try the steps below. 

a) Ensure that you have internet

b) connect your pineapple to your pc and wait till the blue led are solid or the portal is up

c) On your main internet interface->properties->sharing turn off internet sharing and wait 10 sec. 

d) On the same tab select your pineapple interface and turn on internet sharing, wait 10 sec. Close tab by clicking ok.

e) On your pineapple interface -> properties -> networking select the IPv4 & enter the ip address 172.16.42.42/255.255.255.0.

f) Now your pineapple should have internet. Else disable your pineapple interface, enable it again and repeat steps (c) to (e)

Edited by esa

do I have to use the app to use the internet on the pineapple and be able to let my clients use the internet? because than I can just set it up on my laptop and just carry it around with my phone

This might sound stupid but you are powering the pineapple with a battery and then plugging it into the phone?  Also depending on your carrier, some wont let you tether and Ive also seen people have problems with the wifipinapple app using samsung devices.

yes I have it plugged into my battery and I have at&t using a s8 

22 hours ago, John12345678910 said:

do I have to use the app to use the internet on the pineapple and be able to let my clients use the internet? because than I can just set it up on my laptop and just carry it around with my phone

If i gotten your qns correctly, to provide internet to Wifi Pineapple you have a number of options:

1) Connect Wifi Pineapple to your mobile phone, internet is provided using USB tethering. Access to GUI is thru the app

or

2) Connect Wifi Pineapple to a PC or Laptop with internet. Using internet sharing, share your PC or Laptop's internet with Wifi Pineapple

or 

3) Connect a 3G/4G dongle to Wifi Pineapple, internet is provided using the dongle

or 

4) Connect a Wifi Pineapple to a Wifi network to provide internet. (not tested this approach)