Pi Zero w Bash Bunny

Tim Holum

I don't see why they would pull the post. The Hak5 team is pritty good like that, there all about the tech and new ways on doing things and this forum is really good for tips and projects. It's not a replacement for the Bash Bunny it's just a cheap tool that can be disposed of. I do the same thing with the Rubber Ducky. I use the actually product all the time but I preload scripts on to arduino's too. Leave them at friends house and make my life easier. Instead of always reloading scripts or teaching my friends or family how to set up a shell so I can fix there shit, all they have to do is plug in the arduino and I have a reverse shell. I see this as being the same utility. 

I agree, Even though I have this, I still want a bash bunny, The ssd speeds would be very nice, SD card's are slow, And there is very little chance anyone would mistake my pi for a flash drive and plug it into there computer

Yea I wouldnt see a problem with it as we have done the same thing with the rubber ducky on a pi zero. Only difference is, these devices are built for a specific purpose and excel in performance compared to the pi zero with a similar objective.   The only reason i bought a rubbery ducky is because i had a pi zero i used as one and eventually wanted a real one that ran faster. 

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Keep in mind while the PiBunny is cheaper it doesn't have certain things the Bunny has, e.g.:

- Powerful Hardware (Bunny has an SSD, decent processor and works out of the box - almost)

- Community Support (payloads, documentation, FAQ, Questions etc.)

- Warranty (Bunny has warranty, Pi is a more you-did-it-you-fix-it scenario)

With warranty comes Hak5 support too. But, I can definitely see how the PiBunny can be more attractive (cheap, WiFi/BLE, and customisable).

7 hours ago, Dave-ee Jones said:

Keep in mind while the PiBunny is cheaper it doesn't have certain things the Bunny has, e.g.:

- Powerful Hardware (Bunny has an SSD, decent processor and works out of the box - almost)

- Community Support (payloads, documentation, FAQ, Questions etc.)

- Warranty (Bunny has warranty, Pi is a more you-did-it-you-fix-it scenario)

With warranty comes Hak5 support too. But, I can definitely see how the PiBunny can be more attractive (cheap, WiFi/BLE, and customisable).

The processor is quite simliar, but it's in the disk speed where the bunny pulls ahead.

Raspberry pi zero is much cheaper and can be used with wifi to deploy it for more longterm uses.

On 11/9/2017 at 6:48 PM, RazerBlade said:

The processor is quite simliar, but it's in the disk speed where the bunny pulls ahead.

Raspberry pi zero is much cheaper and can be used with wifi to deploy it for more longterm uses.

That's true. You can buy about 10-20 RPi Zero's for the price of 1 BB.

On 11/14/2017 at 9:22 PM, RazerBlade said:

That makes the BashBunny price seem quite ridiculous because how similair they are, is a case, a three point switch and a really small SSD worth that much?

Yeah, I've always said it's a bit expensive. But, the Bash Bunny is supposed to work out-of-the-box. And it does, to a certain extent. Still, it's not really worth 10-20 RPi's in my eyes.

The things you could do with 10-20 RPis..

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

If anyone is interested I made a similar version by extending your project a bit.

You can find the project here: Poor mans bash bunny

I am still fighting getting RNDIS to work driverless on windows. This would require a change in ATTACKMODE. In my project I have a work-around, but it's not very elegant.

On 5/11/2018 at 8:15 AM, cron-dk said:

If anyone is interested I made a similar version by extending your project a bit.

You can find the project here: Poor mans bash bunny

I am still fighting getting RNDIS to work driverless on windows. This would require a change in ATTACKMODE. In my project I have a work-around, but it's not very elegant.

Looks cool! 

Going to do something similar to this with my own pi0w soon, hopefully turns out well ?

Basically it will be a pi0w with soldered USB end, maybe some payload switches too. Power button just for a little bit of extra fun.

And LEDs, probably. Everyone loves those. Unless they're on a USB plugged into your computer and they're flashing a lot. That usually tells you something's going on..

• 3 weeks later...

Archived