1.1 and firmware updates

Decoy

So after the latest episode of Hak5, you mentioned 1.1 was ready to ship. When will this be available, and is there a new feature list?? You guys are awesome for pumping this out so quickly. I'm super excited.

1 hour ago, Decoy said:

So after the latest episode of Hak5, you mentioned 1.1 was ready to ship. When will this be available, and is there a new feature list?? You guys are awesome for pumping this out so quickly. I'm super excited.

Ready to ship? Are you saying that the BashBunny is getting a hardware upgrade?

I don't want to constantly keep buying BashBunnys though...

1 hour ago, Decoy said:

It'll be available when Darren and I finish our final checks. A forum post will be created letting you know all the details

4 minutes ago, Dave-ee Jones said:

Ready to ship? Are you saying that the BashBunny is getting a hardware upgrade?

I don't want to constantly keep buying BashBunnys though...

The firmware is "Ready to ship". No new hardware, don't worry.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sebkinne said:

It'll be available when Darren and I finish our final checks. A forum post will be created letting you know all the details

Yeah, that's what I had thought and hoped, was just making sure it wasn't another Pineapple thing (no offense, but I would hate to be constantly missing out on new hardware).

I am assuming there will be a changelog of what you've changed/added?

2 hours ago, Sebkinne said:

Awesome, you guys rock. Can't wait to play with the new features!! Keep it coming!!

Hey, I think the issue Darren was running into with text in windows and text in Linux is unicode.  Haunts anyone who moves text documents from Windows to *Nix.  A way around that is stay away from notepad and use a  small code editor that can save in ASCII or UTF8.  Example of the differences is mimikatz...or the obfuscated dogz. Run it and output the contents anyway you like to a file.  You will notice when you open it in notepad it is all unformatted.  Because it is UTF8.  Notepad doesn't interpret it right.  Open it in sublime or code and it looks correct.  If you wash the string a little I like to call it by encoding and decoding it to unicode it will look correct...or you can run a replace on all the "`n" to "`r`n" which is unicode and it will look right in notepad.  Python and other languages seem to handle it fine like with python it adds the "u" in front of the string to signify unicode encoding.  Nano seems to handle it fine too.  Wonder if vi looks at it raw.  Spun out a quick multiline unicode text file with powershell and looked at it with the different editors.  Been awhile since I did it.  vi looks to convert it.  Leafpad just plain shows some little code.  nano puts at signed between each character (probabaly the 0x00 after each character that unicode does too).  Any package code editor encoded it correctly of course.  If you cat the file you get 2 binary characters in the beginning.

Same file I read it back in raw and output 2 text files one as utf8 and the other as ascii.  Both of these in linux open fine.  Open them in notepad on windows and no new lines are seen.  Made the mistake one day writing a script in linux with vscode and took it to windows and it blew up because it jumbled it together in windows and I don't use semi colons like I do when I do C# with Powershell so yeah.

If that is indeed the issue, may have to find a way to parse the file to unicode or ASCII before running.