Mk5 Client Mode - no interfaces?

factgasm

Mk5 using firmware version 2.4.0.

Did a remote deploy last night. Pineapple was taped up with gaffer tape to protect it from the weather, so no sockets or plugs were exposed whatsoever. We had a torrential thunder storm about two hours after deployment. Got it home this morning, dried off the few drops on it. Opened the pineapple casing - it was bone dry inside. I was able to connect to it from my phone, and from my laptop I could shell in and WinSCP in too, but something didn't seem right about it.

Did a factory reset. All four lights, green,yellow, blue, red flashed. Good. Then went to do some basic set up.

Went into the Network tile, clicked Client Mode and clicked on the dropdown box next to Interface. There were no interfaces showing and have not been showing since. Please help.

I have followed the suggestions on this thread. Shelling in and running the cat /etc/config/wireless from the command line showed no reference to radio1 at all, however an ifconfig shows reference to wlan0 and wlan0-1.

PS I have just run iwlist wlan0 scanning and iwlist wlan0-1 scanning and both are picking up the ESSID for my home wifi so it appears both radios survived the weather but still no interfaces showing on the Client Mode tab of the Network tile. Please help!

Edited by factgasm
Additional comments.

Seriously would appreciate some help on this.

In Recon mode the Pineapple picks up the ESSID for my home wifi but still no interfaces showing on the Client Mode tab of the Network tile. Please help!

Edited by factgasm

I have just upgraded to 3.0.0.

It's a lovely lovely new look, it must be said.

However still no interfaces showing on the Interface dropdown box of the Wifi Client Mode section. Please help!

Is there some command I can issue in the Pineapple's command line I can enter to refresh the interfaces so they show?

It is as if a file containing the list of interfaces has been corrupted, but I don't know which file. Please help!

Edited by factgasm