Factory reset wont work.

Albert Altman

Mine was bricked pretty soon after getting it and resetting it had no effect. After reflashing it a few times from the wiki instructions, it completely bricked. Contacted support about a RMA possibility and they just sent me a brand new one next day air and didn't even require the return of the defective device (what I chalked it up to). Hak5 support is AMAZING. It sounds like you're in a similar situation, so it may not hurt to hit them up

I did not brick mine at all(yet!). I bought two and one was dead on arrival. I was wondering before I start changing anything if there is a way to restore the only one I have right now :)

HAK5 support is amazing, they are sending over a new one (to replace the DOA one).

What state is your BB in at present?

I'm occasionally making changes that cause it to fail to register as USB gadget, which put it in a state where in arming mode the LED will turn green, then turn off for a second before turning green quickly, then flashing blue indefinitely. In that state, I find that letting it turn green the first time, then pulling it when it turns off and repeating that three times results in the next time I plug it in, it turns green then flashes red and restores itself.

EDIT: I managed to misunderstand both of your posts! You're asking in preparation for experimenting. Yeah, in my experience, the steps above allow a reset to be forced.

EDIT TO EDIT: Given that you're asking in preparation before action, I'll admit I'm confused about the title saying that the factory reset won't work.

Edited by JBNZ
Edit with more info.

23 hours ago, JBNZ said:

What state is your BB in at present?

I'm occasionally making changes that cause it to fail to register as USB gadget, which put it in a state where in arming mode the LED will turn green, then turn off for a second before turning green quickly, then flashing blue indefinitely. In that state, I find that letting it turn green the first time, then pulling it when it turns off and repeating that three times results in the next time I plug it in, it turns green then flashes red and restores itself.

EDIT: I managed to misunderstand both of your posts! You're asking in preparation for experimenting. Yeah, in my experience, the steps above allow a reset to be forced.

EDIT TO EDIT: Given that you're asking in preparation before action, I'll admit I'm confused about the title saying that the factory reset won't work.

Sorry I was a bit unclear(extreamly) I tried in different ways to make it fail on boot to trigger the factory reset, it did not work.

I am wondering if one can "cheat" the counter(boot failure counter) ?!

I bricked my yesterday ;) But I found all necessary information to recover it here in the Forum. 

You can force a reset by using a usb power device (eg. iphone adapter etc) but it work also with a computer usb interface.

plug your bb  as soon the green light went of unplug the bb and repeat this step for min. 3 times (better 4-5) then plug in the BB again and let it boot. After a short time it should start blinking red. The reset is running, DON`T UNPLUG the Bunny. When the LED is green, the reset is finished.

The reset would not delete the payload folder, its content nor will recover the payload partition.

If you have a problem with an input/output error, like me yesterday, then try this:

But I would say, just start playing and look what you get ;) If you brick it then is the time so search for a solution ;)