Is this normal?

Ev!c70r

Hey. Evening friends. First post in the forms. If your reading this DK, I LOVE THE SHOW! Lol. Both you and Shannon make it easier to understand concepts. Because of you two I bought a ThinkPad for my own Kali rig. 

Anyway, I received my pineapple tetra in the mail Monday. I've spent about 35 hours trying to get it to work. After discovering the joys of the wp6.sh, I've been trying to test it in my own house. I have the IP addresses right. I know this because half the time wp6.sh gets the thing online (checking the bulletins on the main page) but I have yet to get a client to the other side of the tunnel so to speak to gain internet access. And you see if can't get Alice down the rabbits tunnel, there will be cold tea for the Mad White Hatter. Lol. 

Is there a way to turn down the WiFi signal Strength? I think that's the issue. I turned off the discoverable AP's, I uninstalled all the moduels and made sure PineAP is off and I can't connect to any other WiFi in my house. But the second I unplug it, back to normal. I'm also noticing really weird activity. For example sometimes my Pineapple SSID with have like 30 discoverable clones on all my devices or in the client section (when I can actually get something to connect to it <yes I turned off filters>) it's displaying the wrong SSID's for the mac addresses. 

I'm starting to come too two conclusions. Either the signal strength is way too high and that's what's wrong or the pineapple is defective. 

I'm gonna try reflashing the firmware, but I think it's now done over-the-air.

make sure you have the latest firmware and remember PineAP takes advantage of devices that have connected to a "free" or "Open" AccessPoint. So if your devices have never connect to an open AP and that AP is not saved under the WIFI on that device then you most likely wont get anything to connect.  When I want to test modules or what have you, I broadcast the openAP and connect my devices to it and then test.  OpenAP is wlan0 and the managementAP is wlan0-1.

• Upvote 2