No network connection

Mieke

I followed the Windows setup video step-by- step, but the nano still won't connect through the shared ethernet interface. Networking seem to work only during the initial setup and I was able to download and install the firmware.

Also, settings are being saved except for the date/time setup.

I am on firmware 1.1.3. I've already reset the nano a few times and I still can't connect to the pineapple website. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Okay- networking is working now. I had to enable/disable the nano adapter and manually update the routing to 172.16.42.42 on the web interface

The date/time is still stuck in the default settings no matter how many times I click the save button.

Hello Mieke,  I am having the same problems.  I shared my WIFI connection with my nano and manually entered the IP Address with no lock.  Do I need to make any changes in the Pineapple Interface.  Thanks for the help, just got the NANO and cant seem to get the internet to pass through.

1 hour ago, Kevinri24 said:

Hello Mieke,  I am having the same problems.  I shared my WIFI connection with my nano and manually entered the IP Address with no luck.  Do I need to make any changes in the Pineapple Interface.  Thanks for the help, just got the NANO and cant seem to get the internet to pass through.

Hi Kevin,

I had to manually enter the gateway IP (172.16.42.42) in the web UI of the nano, under Networking.

Networking --> Default Route

then click on "Update Route"

This is as scientific as smacking the TV in the old days to get better reception. I don't think manually entering the gateway in the nano itself is required, but in my case it was the only thing that worked. It's Windows 10 crappy internet connection at its finest.

4 hours ago, Kevinri24 said:

Hello Mieke,  I am having the same problems.  I shared my WIFI connection with my nano and manually entered the IP Address with no lock.  Do I need to make any changes in the Pineapple Interface.  Thanks for the help, just got the NANO and cant seem to get the internet to pass through.

Thanks Mieke.  followed all the steps and then manually entered the IP like you said with negative results.  I am using Windows 10.  I can get everything else to work, Recon, SSID + Clients, Logging. Add SSID to Pool and broadcast even De-Auth.  Once I get a client to connect it obtains an IP address and then seconds later reverts back to the original AP it was connected to and drops off my client list.  Anyone who has a recommendation will be greatly appreciated.   I'm pretty new to this so I apologize if i'm not explaining anything correctly.

Yeah basically Windows 10 internet connection sharing is crap.

I say this because I had to do network reset to fix ICS for Windows 10 to recognize the connection sharing. Once I did that, the nano had internet connectivity. YMMV.