Blue Light Flashes then turns off, can't ssh or access web interface

killuaDev

So I received my Wifi Pineapple NANO a few days ago and it worked fine on first try, I got on to the web interface and reached the point of updating the firmware and I think I may have messed up. Now whenever I plug the nano in, the light flashes twice holds for about 5 seconds then turns off, I can't ssh to it, I can't get the web interface and I can't see it as a wifi network. Any advice?

have you tried to reset it?  when reset it will reset to the latest firmware that was installed.  if the last firmware update was corrupted while installing that might be the problem.

I have the same problem but I was just setting it up. I followed the instructions and held the reset button to setup, and had the update or whatever finished and tried refreshing it but still says "Took too long to respond"

On 11/03/2017 at 2:10 PM, b0N3z said:

have you tried to reset it?  when reset it will reset to the latest firmware that was installed.  if the last firmware update was corrupted while installing that might be the problem.

I've tried resetting it although I might be doing it wrong;

I plug it in, it flashes then goes black

Then I hold down the reset button for 7 seconds;

Nothing happens, the light stays black

Am I doing it right?

well your getting the power need to power the nano, that exactly how I power mine with my MBP13. On the reset Ive always just held mine for 10sec idk if that would make a difference but there is also a recovery mode you can go through. 

https://wifipineapple.com/pages/faq  <--- check out the firmware recovery option and see if that wont help.  

EDIT: 

Apple computers equipped with USB 3 provide up to 900 mA (milliamps) at 5 V (Volts) to most Apple USB peripherals as well as all third-party USB peripherals that comply with USB specifications.

Apple computers and displays equipped with USB 1.1 or USB 2 provide up to 500 mA (Milliamps) at 5 V (Volts) to most Apple USB peripherals as well as all third-party USB peripherals that comply with USB specifications.

I just found this and maybe the macbook isnt powering it up all the way try to connect the second usb of the Y cable to a battery with at least 5v1a.  The nano requires 9-11w at max power so it might just be that the nano isnt getting all the power it needs to start up which is weird because ive run mine off 1 for light duty things.  But it should at least power up all the way

Edited by b0N3z

• 4 months later...

Hey 

I've had a similar issue where I messed up on the firmware issue then tried to perform the firmware recovery. I'm currently connecting my nano device to my macbook via USB-C adapter with a USB connection to the device, not sure if this is the issue?

I've tried changing the static ip address to 192.168.1.2 but no luck in connection. Please advise?

I do get the device to power up and stay with a blue light on, but thats it really. Can't connect to upload the factory firmware.

Any thoughts?

fasash