Initial config of bash bunny

Just_a_User

See some people getting stuck with updating bunnies and tools etc. so put together quicklist of what I did from a brand new bash bunny on my linux box. I'm sure there are some differences with OSX and windows but in general with adaptation or tweaks this should work for all as a general outline.

1. Read the wiki - seriously even if you dont remember it all, know where it is and use it for reference.

2. Switch position to 3 (closest to USB) and insert to pc. With mine I got a blue light. I also backed up the original payloads dir but its not required.

3. Clone the payloads github locally or download the zip and extract the contents.

4. Copy the payload folder you just cloned or extracted to the bash bunny storage and overwrite all. You now have latest payloads. At this point if you were to unplug the bunny, select switch 1 or 2 and then reinsert you would see a purple light rather than the blue one that came from factory (at least mine did).

5. Some payloads require dependencies such as quick creds. You install the dependencies using the tools_installer payload So its worth running this payload as your first payload. On the Bashbunny storage delete the payload in switch 1 or 2 and then CUT the contents of /payloads/library/tools_installer/ to the switch folder of choice. DONT copy it as there is a slight bug if you have 2x copy’s of this payload on the bashbunny storage when its run. Unplug the bunny and select the switch to match where you placed the payload and reinsert the bunny. If all goes well you should eventually see a white LED. if you see red LED you may need to check the forums.

From this point your ready to try other payloads or start developing new ones. Talking of which I almost forgot DuckToolkit adds support for new languages. and uses the Ducktoolkit python library for encoding.

I had some issues getting the bunny online with ICS on linux but was mostly down to me not reading things in the bb.sh ICS script but I will point them out in case others do the same.

1. A factory fresh bashbunny can only ICS when switch is in position 1 or 2 not in arming mode position 3. There is no Ethernet device on a factory fresh bunnny in arming mode.

2. When you download and run the bb.sh it should be first run without the bashbunny inserted and when the script gets to stage 3 you insert the bashbunny to complete the guided config.

3. Just because you configured the bb.sh does not mean your online, you still need to hit C to connect with the current configuration and start ICS.

So from here you should have Bashbunny with up to date payloads, dependencies installed and are able to ICS to get it online if required.

Hope this helps some people.

1 hour ago, Just_a_User said:

1. The bashbunny can only ICS when switch is in position 1 or 2 not in arming mode position 3. There is no Ethernet device on the bunnny in arming mode.

Just a short additional remark, even though it might be clear to most users:

This means that you will have to set a payload on switch 1 or 2 with enables the ethernet attack mode suitable for your machine to be able to do ICS. With the initial payloads you are fine of course, but if you changed them, just think of this...

As an additional note - I was wondering how to get to the bunny storage from bash shell - and found it wasn’t mounting permanently to /root/udisk/ as mentioned in the wiki.

It turns out this is currently by design: -

Although will probably change in the future as Darren says "This behaviour is most likely going to change in future versions. Just be advised that's how it works in 1.0 " So if you need it while in bash you can run

This solved my curiosity.  maybe others find useful.

Instead of step's 3 and 4, you can copy my payload.txt to one of the switch directories and it will git clone the payloads directly on the device. That way, you can just run `git pull origin master` from /root/udisk to keep your library up to date. The payload will also run the git pull command the second time you use it. 

Git Bunny Git:
https://github.com/hak5/bashbunny-payloads/tree/master/payloads/library/GitBunnyGit

• 4 months later...
On 16/3/2017 at 8:32 PM, Draxiom said:

Instead of step's 3 and 4, you can copy my payload.txt to one of the switch directories and it will git clone the payloads directly on the device. That way, you can just run `git pull origin master` from /root/udisk to keep your library up to date. The payload will also run the git pull command the second time you use it. 

Git Bunny Git:
https://github.com/hak5/bashbunny-payloads/tree/master/payloads/library/GitBunnyGit

Hi,

I tried to download your link but in did not work.

Have you deleted?

Could be great if we could use it.

Thanks

• 11 months later...

Hey i just setup my bash bunny using the bunny updater and wrote a small payload to just type some stuff in the switch position 1 but when i connect it to the system my bash bunny opens  it like a pendrive or like it is in the arming mode even though it is in switch position 1. Thank you

39 minutes ago, Proclus said:

when i connect it to the system my bash bunny opens  it like a pendrive or like it is in the arming mode even though it is in switch position 1. Thank you

is your payload using ATTACKMODE STORAGE ? if not double check switch position and payload folders.

10 hours ago, Just_a_User said:

is your payload using ATTACKMODE STORAGE ? if not double check switch position and payload folders.

This is the code in the payload for switch 1 

LED SETUP
GET SWITCH_POSITON
ATTACKMODE HID STORAGE 
LED ATTACK
QUACK GUI R 
QUACK DELAY 100
QUACK STRING hello
LED FINISH

the bash bunny led is blinking blue

If you don't want the thumb drive to pop up remove STORAGE from your payload.

Now this is the code but i am still getting the same thing and the led is blinking blue 

#!/bin/bash
LED SETUP
GET SWITCH_POSITON
ATTACKMODE HID 
LED ATTACK
QUACK GUI R 
QUACK DELAY 100
QUACK STRING hello
LED FINISH 

8 minutes ago, Proclus said:

Now this is the code but i am still getting the same thing and the led is blinking blue

I can only think you have your switch position and payload mixed up, did you already try the switch in the other position?

Selection_004.png

Take a look here some good info https://www.hak5.org/gear/bash-bunny/docs

I can only think you have your switch position and payload mixed up, did you already try the switch in the other position?

No the closest to the USB is the arming mode and center is switch position 1 now i am just trying to get it to blink the led red and it is still opening it as it dose in the arming mode.

Archived