Mac OS X - How to Share Your Internet Connection

Torrey

On 4/28/2017 at 3:04 AM, jafahulo said:

This worked perfectly, thanks! Only downside is that you have to run it each time the bb boots.

just like Linux But with the bb.sh.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!

This is my first post here, hope the question is not very stupid.

Everything seems to work here. Was able to ping the device on 172.16.64.64 but when I try to log in it does not accept the hak5bunny password.

Do I need to configure anything on the BB before trying to share WiFi from the Mac?

Thank you!

7 minutes ago, SpoonNet said:

Hi all!

This is my first post here, hope the question is not very stupid.

Everything seems to work here. Was able to ping the device on 172.16.64.64 but when I try to log in it does not accept the hak5bunny password.

Do I need to configure anything on the BB before trying to share WiFi from the Mac?

Thank you!

I'm an idiot and I should always read the wiki before asking stupid questions.

ssh to 172.16.64.1

was trying to ssh to 172.16.64.64

sorry all.

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...
On 20/04/2017 at 11:21 AM, chrisaw said:

Does anyone have any additional advice to get this working?

I have managed to get two different results:

1.) Connected to BashBunny (network info populated in panel) which results in the Mac not being able to access the Internet (I assume routing is pointing towards the BashBunny instead of the WiFi router. As such - neither device gets Internet access.

2.) Connected to BashBunny (network info NOT populated in panel - only manual IP) which results in the Mac being able to still access the Internet properly (yay!) but still no Internet connectivity for the BashBunny.

In both configurations I can SSH to the BashBunny but neither provide it with an Internet connection which is a bit of a pain.

I know I could likely get this working easily with a Ubuntu VM but I'd rather avoid that if possible since it adds additional faff needed to configure the BB for a pentest situation.

Thanks!

So I was in a similar situation.

1. BashBunny info populated as per the OP screenshots - You're correct, the RNDIS Ethernet adapter comes above the wifi in the stack and OSX sets the BB as the default GW for the machine, no internet for anyone but you can ssh to the BB just fine.

Correcting the derp with a route -n delete default gw 172.16.64.1 command and netstat -nr confirming the routing for IPv4 is correct at least, still does not restore the internet however for some unknown reason.

What did fix it... hitting "assist me" in the network settings dialog and allowing it to configure the wifi network as an internet connection. That then reordered all my network adapters in the graphical listing of the network settings pane and now I can plug the BB in without losing internet on the host.

However, despite following all the instructions in the OP and deleting the crazy route for the default gw to 172.16.64.64 on the BB and replacing it with a 172.16.64.10 (the ip of my mac) still doesn't give me network connectivity.

No idea why the ip on the BB for its default route is 64.64 either.

Would definitely appreciate any help trying to get this working, would like to update the OS.