Torrey

Mac OS X - How to Share Your Internet Connection

39 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Draxiom said:

Another missing piece for me that is in both of your instructions, but not present in my setup is the "USB 10/100 LAN" as a device to share the internet with; I only see the "RNDIS/Ethernet Gadget" in the list to check

sorry for the 'usb 10/100 lan' confusion, it's from the tetra. you might remember me mentioning that on irc yesterday.

13 hours ago, Torrey said:

sorry for the 'usb 10/100 lan' confusion, it's from the tetra. you might remember me mentioning that on irc yesterday.

I remember you saying that. I just thought it might be related, since it is the only thing I can see that is different between my setup and both of yours. Grasping at straws I suppose...

sorry it didn't work for you.  I just finish testing after unchecking the "usb 10/100 lan" on mine and it worked with no issue.

Have to agree that you cannot directly share the connection on a mac.

So far nothing has worked and I have very carefully followed every posted recipe.

Real problem for me since I have no windows machines at all.

2 minutes ago, hipcrime said:

Have to agree that you cannot directly share the connection on a mac.

So far nothing has worked and I have very carefully followed every posted recipe.

@hipcrime, have you tried the vm method?

3 minutes ago, hipcrime said:

Hi @hipcrime,

just install VirtualBox on your Mac with a Linux distro. You will see how easy it is to use there. Apart from this: I don't see an urgent need for ICS as you might "only" use it for updating the OS. 

Not interested in running VirtualBox, so have given up and just thrown the BB onto the pile of useless money-wasting toys.

5 minutes ago, hipcrime said:

Not interested in running VirtualBox, so have given up and just thrown the BB onto the pile of useless money-wasting toys.

Psh. lame. It's only useless if you don't use it. 

lol, not able to get the BashBunny online and therefore thinks its useless... Some people are really priceless.... lmao

16 minutes ago, GermanNoob said:

lol, not able to get the BashBunny online and therefore thinks its useless... Some people are really priceless.... lmao

Seriously... @hipcrime if you aren't clever enough or too lazy to get it working, perhaps you can give it to somebody that cannot afford one, and doesn't give up so easily. 

Edited by Draxiom

HaHa ... very funny ... people with real jobs (and kids) don't have time to fool around with faulty toys ... those who cannot afford a BB need to get some work ... seriously, who cannot afford one of these cheap little devices?

2 minutes ago, hipcrime said:

people with real jobs (and kids) don't have time to fool around with faulty toys

Says the guy who apparently has "a pile of useless money-wasting toys"??? Ok.

If you're not going to take this project seriously just because it's one more "useless toy" that doesn't play nice with your mac, you shouldn't have bought it...

On 3/14/2017 at 11:42 PM, hipcrime said:

Would attach a screen shot but don't see how others are accomplishing that (all that's in the menu is Insert Image from URL and Insert Existing Attachment).

Considering you couldn't figure out how to attach a screenshot to this thread, I have little faith in your ability to use the device for anything other than a toy. 

Yep, that's me ... got no idea how to use these computer thangs on the interwebs, but earn oodles of money by hacking them ... makes me happy to have lost your faith ... will pick up this BB toy later when time permits even though it indeed doesn't play nice with my Mac ... physical access isn't that important anyway ... now back to filling my pockets and laughing all the way to the bank.