I may killed it

ZZZ_

Hi,

I tried some payloads, and when I was installing the tools I unpluged my bashbunny like a tard, now, when I plug it in my computer, gparted tell me that the device is busy and I can't do anything on it, the fs is in read-only so I can't change my payload, and the blue led is blinking non stop in arming mode, I can't start the revovery process

Any help to rescue this lil bunny ? :)

Restore the Bash Bunny from the recovery partition:

1. Set the Bash Bunny switch to position 3 (arming mode)
  2. Plug the Bash Bunny into a USB power source. The LED will momentarily light green. As soon as the LED goes off, unplug the Bash Bunny.
  3. Repeat the previous step twice more (for a total of 3 times)
  4. Plug the Bash Bunny into a USB power source and leave for 4 minutes. The LED will light RED to indicate recovery. When the light returns to BLUE blinking, the Bash Bunny has recovered.

1 hour ago, Darren Kitchen said:

2. Plug the Bash Bunny into a USB power source. The LED will momentarily light green. As soon as the LED goes off, unplug the Bash Bunny.
  4. Plug the Bash Bunny into a USB power source and leave for 4 minutes. The LED will light RED to indicate recovery. When the light returns to BLUE blinking, the Bash Bunny has recovered.

@Darren Kitchen You should probably put this up on the wiki so others who get into problems know how to restore it :)

What those instructions do is induce recovery by ensuring 3 failed boots.

At startup a boot counter is incremented, and cleared upon successful startup. If boot fails and never clears more than 3 times, the Bash Bunny will perform an automatic recovery from its recovery partition.  

Thanks it worked well !

The only issue now is that even if i put it on the switch 1 or switch 2, nothing happen, it still blink in green like if no payloads was on it

Maybe I'm missing some files at the root ? Some have been deleted

I used gparted to format the 2gb partition beacause I could'nt do anything on 'switch1' or 'switch2' folder.

I did the factory reset, and now, in the switch1 payload i typed : 

LED R B 0

ATTACKMODE ECM_ETHERNET STORAGE

But when i plud my bashbunny to my computer using the switch1, the led don't get purple, it keep blinking in green.

That's soooooo sad :/

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/8/2017 at 8:51 AM, ZZZ_ said:

Hi,

I tried some payloads, and when I was installing the tools I unpluged my bashbunny like a tard, now, when I plug it in my computer, gparted tell me that the device is busy and I can't do anything on it, the fs is in read-only so I can't change my payload, and the blue led is blinking non stop in arming mode, I can't start the revovery process

Any help to rescue this lil bunny ? :)

I have the same  problem now after running a few payloads  ... read only file system and can't delete nor edit files...

• 1 month later...
On 2017-3-8 at 9:42 AM, Darren Kitchen said:

I had problems trying to restore the Bunny using the method suggested by Darren (as above). Firstly I did not READ the original posting carefully enough and was unplugging Bunny whilst the green light was on and not as soon as it went out ! (Human Error), but having kicked myself for not reading instructions (its a man thing) I still could not get Bunny to restore itself. 

I unplugged Bunny from my Kali-Linux machine, and did exactly as the original post suggests, but this time simply plugged into a USB Power Source (not my Linux laptop) and behold... Bunny restored itself exactly as Darren said that it would.   I have no idea why this is (other than subtle USB voltage differences).... but its maybe worth a try if you have exhausted all other options.

• 1 month later...
On 5/19/2017 at 6:52 AM, Asterix said:

I had problems trying to restore the Bunny using the method suggested by Darren (as above). Firstly I did not READ the original posting carefully enough and was unplugging Bunny whilst the green light was on and not as soon as it went out ! (Human Error), but having kicked myself for not reading instructions (its a man thing) I still could not get Bunny to restore itself. 

I unplugged Bunny from my Kali-Linux machine, and did exactly as the original post suggests, but this time simply plugged into a USB Power Source (not my Linux laptop) and behold... Bunny restored itself exactly as Darren said that it would.   I have no idea why this is (other than subtle USB voltage differences).... but its maybe worth a try if you have exhausted all other options.

was really really hoping this would solve my issue. Tired on a USB power bank. Unfortunately still nothing after the process completes for me

15 hours ago, UnLo said:

was really really hoping this would solve my issue. Tired on a USB power bank. Unfortunately still nothing after the process completes for me

UnLo

Ive pretty much given up on this, as all THREE of the Bash Bunnies I have received died either directly after the firmware updates or shortly afterwards and OK I may have cocked up the first one during the update process by doing exactly what you did and unplug the bunny whilst the green light was still on, but not a chance with the second and third units which I attempted to update using the advice from Darren in his post of 8th March. 

I now have three dead bunnies and no way of recovering firmware on any of them, let me know if you solve the problem or hear of a fix

MM

Yikes I must have misread your post. I thought you said you Had recovered your bunny. Sorry to hear about the three dead bunnies. That doesn't seem like a good sign. But I haven't given up hope yet. Shoot. If I have to crack it open and order a uart adapter I will. But I'm hoping it doesn't come to that. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/3/2017 at 10:42 AM, Darren Kitchen said:

Hi Darren,

Please, I nned your help.

I have done everything you said in your post, but when I try to open the tools from Windows--> BB--> Tools   , it tells me that the tools file is damaged or unreadable.

I am not able to install the tools...

Please, help me.thanks

Raquel

• 2 years later...
On 3/8/2017 at 1:50 PM, Darren Kitchen said:

What those instructions do is induce recovery by ensuring 3 failed boots.

At startup a boot counter is incremented, and cleared upon successful startup. If boot fails and never clears more than 3 times, the Bash Bunny will perform an automatic recovery from its recovery partition.  

On 3/8/2017 at 4:42 AM, Darren Kitchen said:

HI Darren,

I tried the suggested steps and soo far my BB is still not working. I also tried the Ultimate UnBricking Guide but unfortunately i can never get to the step 6 and hence i am not able to access my BB at all :(.

Any suggestions would be extremely helpful

1. Plug in the Bash Bunny and unplug it immediately when the initial green LED turns off
  2. Repeat step #1 three times
  3. Plug the Bash Bunny back in and wait for it to reset. You should see either a "police" pattern or a red blinking LED.
  4. Set the switch to the switch1 position (furthest from the USB port)
  5. Wait for the device to reboot (indicated by the green led) and set the switch to arming mode immediately as the green light turns off.
  6. If all went well, you should now be able to access the Mass Storage partition of the Bash Bunny (or serial in). Delete any leftover update files (such as "ch_fw_1.3_264 (1).tar.gz")
  7. Safely eject / sync the Bash Bunny
  8. Reboot your device, by re-plugging it, while keeping the switch in arming mode.

• 2 months later...

Archived