Install Tools

squish

23 minutes ago, Fang_Shadow said:

Grab the github repository and drop the folder just before the python scripts into the tools dir in arming mode. So Responder-master becomes responder with all the python scripts and what have you in that folder. After unplugging the BB I and plugging it back in it should install the tools automatically and delete the folder responder from the tools dir in mass storage "udisk"

Thanks for the reply. So you are just saying put the main folder of https://github.com/SpiderLabs/Responder in the tools directory on the bash bunny? When I tried that it installs Responder 2.3. However if I run the latest Responder (http://git.kali.org/gitweb/?p=packages/responder.git;a=summary) from a Kali VM the issues I had with Responder were fixed. I'm just not sure how to put the latest/fixed Responder version on the BB.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I only just looked at the kali linux version of responder, yes that one is the only one being majorly kept up to date it seems. i have built a responder.deb package based on that version on my bashbunny (windows kept deleting items from the git repo). It should be up soon on my github, link will be posted once done.

EDIT: uploaded .deb file here is the link https://github.com/F9Alejandro/packages

Just place the .deb file in the tools folder w/ BB in arming mode and then just unplug and replug in the BB to install.

48 minutes ago, Fang_Shadow said:

I only just looked at the kali linux version of responder, yes that one is the only one being majorly kept up to date it seems. i have built a responder.deb package based on that version on my bashbunny (windows kept deleting items from the git repo). It should be up soon on my github, link will be posted once done.

That's awesome, thanks so much, can't wait to try it out!

13 hours ago, Fang_Shadow said:

Did you go to the tools dir for impacket. /tools/impacket/examples did you run it as a python script? Python smbserver.py (folder to show on smb) (dir to share from linux) ex. Python smbserver.py temp /root/tmp

Yes. I was trying to start an smbserver in the /root/udisk folder (to access payloads etc. remotely) but it just came up with that module cannot be found error. Hopefully they get a fix rolling, as changing the directory seems to have messed up the file paths.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TTommy said:

Where on earth is the tools_installer payload now?

It used to come with the package from github.  The package from github does not contain the payload anymore. 

There is a pinned forum post here telling you everything about Tools.

Right above this post..You should have seen it eons before you even saw this post.

First thing you do when you get your Bunny: Install latest firmware
Second: Install tools
Third: Install Github repo

18 hours ago, Dave-ee Jones said:

There is a pinned forum post here telling you everything about Tools.

Right above this post..You should have seen it eons before you even saw this post.

First thing you do when you get your Bunny: Install latest firmware
Second: Install tools
Third: Install Github repo

Missing a cold beer somewhere in that sequence, could be on step 0.5 (before opening) or on step 1.5: in the period waiting for the bootsteps to update the firmware

• 2 months later...
On 3/3/2017 at 11:23 PM, squish said:

I feel really stupid for asking this but how do I install the tools? Do I copy the repo to the bunny and run from /media/root/BashBunny/payloads/library/tools_installer or do I run it from a clone copy of the repo or do I run it from the serial console? When I tried to run it from /media it wouldn't let me (I tried to chmod +x but it still wouldn't run). When I tried to run it from the cloned console it wouldn't run (gave me the message find: ‘/root/udisk/payloads/’: No such file or directory). I can't find the directory in the serial console. 

Thanks for the help,

Tim

Hi Tim,

I am trying to run the tools from  Windows.

¿How did you sort it out? ¿Could you make it work?

I am feeling stupid, believe me.

Thanks

If you go to the bashbunny.com instructions and look for "Tools" you can get an idea of how to get it to work for you.
https://wiki.bashbunny.com/#!./index.md#Tools
The bashbunny will try to run anything with a .deb file extension you place in the /tools folder on the root of the mass storage partition. Once you connect and move your files to the bashbunny switch it to arming mode and it will execute the files. Always safely eject your bashbunny.

There are a bunch of ways to put things into the /tools folder. The first way is to connect to it via its serial bus. Just follow the instructions and you should be able to connect and SCP files over to the device.
https://wiki.bashbunny.com/#!././index.md#Connecting_to_to_the_Bash_Bunny_Serial_Console_from_Windows

Another way they list is from a linux system.  Again, follow the instructions here and then SCP the files over.

https://wiki.bashbunny.com/#!././index.md#Connecting_to_the_Linux_Bash_Bunny_Console_from_Linux/Mac

You can also get the bashbunny onto your network and then SCP over Ethernet.

https://wiki.bashbunny.com/#!././index.md#Sharing_an_Internet_Connection_with_the_Bash_Bunny_from_Windows

You should think about trying them all. Practice makes perfect.

• 8 months later...

After the tools supposedly vanished from your USB partition, ssh into bunny and change directory to "/tools"  Do a ls and see if you see your tools in there.  If so then they should be install just need to be directly referenced.  When they vanish from the tools folder on the arming partition, they are supposed to install to the "/tools" folder off the root of the BB's system drive.

• 1 year later...
On 3/4/2017 at 12:51 AM, Darren Kitchen said:

It seems that I've simplified it so much that we're over thinking it. The tools_installer payload is just that -- a payload. It's meant to be run just as any other payload -- by copying it to a switch folder from Arming mode, ejecting the BashBunny USB flash disk, putting the switch in that position and plugging it into your PC. It'll then run the install.sh.

I'm going to be updating the documentation tomorrow to outline how the Bash Bunny framework operates, from USB disk mounting to Install.sh, payload.txt, etc. Then I'll be doing some screencasts over the weekend similar to what I did with the LAN Turtle. It's really intuitive once you get the gist -- but if you treat it like a complex Linux box and not a easy drag-and-drop tool, it'll over complicate things. :tongue:

Where do i get the tools installer i go to the get hub and download the file and it it not there. 

Thanks Drew

• 2 years later...

From the release notes of the 1.1 Bunny firmware

Tools
  - Tools now install automatically on boot into arming mode from a dedicated /tools folder on the root of the mass storage partition.
  - All .deb files are installed with dpkg. All other files and folders are copied to /tools
  - This replaces the tools-installer payload and renames /pentest to /tools

Archived