kerravon

what is this guy on

4 posts in this topic

Am I paranoid, or is this guy trying to accuse me of?? ( my answers in normal test)

Please don't get the wrong idea. I really appreciate all the effort you have gone to to putting the site together.
Doesnt sound like it!!

Your site implies it should just work out of the box.
At no point does the Site imply anything of the sort!

I thought the site was to extend the life of the device so people can continue to use it in the same way it used to work.

Until I started the project, you could not download the infusions as the hak5 page
for dowloading the infusions did not and still doesnt work.

Everything on your site is already available on other sites.

Precicsley the point, hence the idea of colllecting as much as possible and putting it in one place,

If there was an easy way to update a local php file to use these tars then the problem would be solved, however it appears that the existing pineapple code relies on passing parameters to the original php page to pull down the tars and unfortunately it isn't as simple as just swapping your URL in place of the cloud.wifipineapple.com one found in one of the php file as your page doesn't accept the same parameters which the existing code base has been designed for.

This is something we want to achieve, but in certain parts we would need permission from darren and seb to be able to doe this, so as not to infringe thier copyrights.

Even if there was a manual way to install the infusions that would be enough, but so far I've only managed to install a few with the others failing.

You obviously havent read the Infusions wanted thread, because all is ther and now on my site.  Loads of people have used these methods and had no problems installing all infusions and having them all work.

Keen to understand what your site achieves and whether you're trying to continue allowing for existing MK4's to work

Isnt is plainly obvious, as stated on the site and in the forum, to keep supporting this device.

or if it serves another purpose.

What exactly are you implying?? what possible other purpose??

No I dont think Ive got the wrong idea, if you are trying to accuse me of something be a man about it and stop beating around the bush, just come out and say it!!!!

Hi Kerravon

Well I guess you're paranoid is the short simple answer.  Let me follow up on some of your concerns as you so kindly have publicly aired them here.

All of my responses have been as courteous as possible and am guessing you must have been stung badly in the past to respond in such a manner.  Most conflicts are based on miscommunications and presumptions, and this is certainly the case here of which i detail below.

Your site implies it should just work out of the box. - You have put together a site to bring all things MK4 Pineapple together in one spot, and yet there's a complete walkthrough and screesnhots of how Infusions used to be installed but can no longer be installed?  Why?  The key to the site should be highlighting your new great method of how Infusions can now be installed manually, but nowhere is there a link to this.

I thought the site was to extend the life of the device so people can continue to use it in the same way it used to work. Here I'm assuming that there's been no effort to include your manual installation process of infusions.   As we shall find out below, my assumption was incorrect.

Everything on your site is already available on other sites - The site as it stands holds the repository of infusions which is very valuable.  It also holds an out of date method of installing these infusions which render the infusions useless unless the installation process is included.

Even if there was a manual way to install the infusions that would be enough, but so far I've only managed to install a few with the others failing.
You obviously havent read the Infusions wanted thread, because all is ther and now on my site.  Loads of people have used these methods and had no problems installing all infusions and having them all work

Correct - in my haste of searching for the installation process prior to PMing you, i only saw page 1 of the thread in the forum and missed the important pages 2-5 which would have saved me from contacting you in the first place.   From your comment here, I found the thread i needed to along with the install instructions.  Well done on all your work with creating a method to manually install them and keep the life in the MK4.   As for all these people who have used your method to install the infusions, am guessing they didn't read how to on your site but from the original thread you refer to here.

Keen to understand what your site achieves and whether you're trying to continue allowing for existing MK4's to work
Isnt is plainly obvious, as stated on the site and in the forum, to keep supporting this device.

or if it serves another purpose.
What exactly are you implying?? what possible other purpose??

Here I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that there was actually a reason that you put up your site.  Most of the infusions are available on Github but without the most important factor of how to manually install them, with only the invalid original process clearly documented on the site, i failed to see its purpose.

In summary:

After receiving your response i was quite shocked to be honest, but once again, assumptions and miscommunication are to be blame.  I was presuming here that you believe that you've clearly documented the installation process on your site, and maybe you think you've even removed the old irrelevant way of installing them too.  I also believed you'd consolidated the infusions for ease of download but nothing further (remembering that at this point i still hadn't seen the forum post)

If you now visit your site: http://www.pineapple-project.96.lt/ (ensure you don't use Firefox as the menus don't work in it) it appears the site is a work in progress, with multiple 'Coming soon' links and talk of part 2 for the MK5, you won't find a link to how to install the infusions.  There's a detailed walkthrouh with screenshots of how you used to be able to install them though, and this is very misleading for a site which has been brought up to extend the longevity of the device and be a one stop spot for breathing life back into them.   After spidering the site with Burp, I did in fact find those instructions.  Am not sure if the site has been through a redesign, I can only hope so as these instructions for me are the pinaccle and reason for the existence of the site.
To find the instructions, which were also posted on the forums, you can use the menu to get half way there:
Click Downloads-Modules-2.81 Modules.  This takes you to http://www.pineapple-project.96.lt/Download.html# which lists each of the infusions which can be downloaded.  The actual source of each infusions actually resides in a separate 2.8.1 downloads directory http://www.pineapple-project.96.lt/Downloads/2.8.1.  If you browse to this directory you will see a directory listing of all the files in there, including one which doesn't have a link on the Download.html# page called ......README.md.  Clicking this opens those hidden away instructions! - http://www.pineapple-project.96.lt/Downloads/2.8.1/README.md

Appreciate all the work you've put in to bringing the MK4's back to life, but don't be so quick to jump to conclusions when all i was after was your coding skillz.  If you still have access to update the site, please can you put a link to how you manually install the infusions.  I'm presuming that once upon a time it did have a link so am thinking something has gone awry since and you just didn't even consider that i couldn't find them, hence your sharpish response.

M.

After looking at the README.md file, it actually turns out it's just been copied off the forums without first being vetted for errors.  To take just one line as an exmaple out of the 15 which have errors, we can see that copying and pasting this code will mess you up:
eg <b><a href=/usb/infusions/occupineapple/occupinapple.php><font color=black>dnsspoof</font></a></b>

If you want to build a site for people to use, it needs to accurate and include all the relevant information, which unfortunately is clearly not the case here.

Posted (edited)

I'm not a web designer, and very little time to do it.  The site was setup to hold this information for people to use to set up thier device and contribute to the documentation of the site. At this moment in time thier is only me.  If you want to redisgn it etc.
As I said go ahead I have little time.  prior to me starting the project the infusions were not available on git hub, this started after I had started collecting them. Some of the guys put them on github so I could get them in a single download, as their were problems loading them on to my ftp server at that time.

The install scripts on the post are variations of my original scripts that I have no problem with an niether have others, so I am not responsible for other peoples mistakes.

Paranoid ? NO!! just not prepared to be accused of copyright infringment, as I am not producing MK4's just supporting them.

As I said if you wish to add to the site or revamp it feel free and I will set something up for you.

ps. my firefox shows the site ok menus and all.

Edited by kerravon