Evil portal doesn't pop up

stilia.johny

Hi all. 

I have a Tetra with the latest FW installed. 

I did a factory reset to ensure all settings will be working as normal and I install the Evil Portal.

The problem that I am experiencing is:

after a fresh installation of the FW and the Evil portal
I create a new test portal ( through the web interface)
I activate the portal
I start the Evil Portal 

and 

when I connect a device to the Tetra's WiFi the portal doesn't pop-up.

Remember . it is a fresh installation and the only module install is the Evil portal.

Did anyone had the same problem ?! 

Many thanks

John

1 minute ago, stilia.johny said:

I ve notice it required internet connection from when I had the MK5 .. 

I am using my android to tether.. it should be ok. 

What is ICS by the way? ( a bit of newbie! )

Internet Connection Sharing, this is for windows boxes. Here's a guide for setting it up on win10 Hak5 forum link

wp6.sh for sharing internet connection from linux boxes.

You can find out more about it here https://wifipineapple.com/pages/faq under tutorial videos.

Ive gotten EP to work without an internet connection.  Setup my nano to auto start PineAP, EP, and DNSmasq.  When I power the Nano up with a battery and connect to the OpenAP on my android phone it will say that I have no Internet connect with this network, I select stay connected and then It pops up with please sign in to get network connection and Boom there is the Portal. 

I checked the tetra and it has internet, the bulletin is hoping up. 

I ve notice, even if I enable the landing page and disable the EP , the landing page is still not posing up.

Very weird. 

PS : I did try with many devices, iOS , Android

Just now, b0N3z said:

Ive gotten EP to work without an internet connection.  Setup my nano to auto start PineAP, EP, and DNSmasq.  When I power the Nano up with a battery and connect to the OpenAP on my android phone it will say that I have no Internet connect with this network, I select stay connected and then It pops up with please sign in to get network connection and Boom there is the Portal. 

interesting .. would you have any thoughts on why is not doing up on mine ?? very weird?! 

I am about to try with a second tetra that I have just to check..

I loaded the Beta version 2.9 and im using that, but when I first put it on the nano or tetra I have to start PineAP and then I start EP without a portal selected and refresh the live view till i get the nginx error.  Then I activate a portal and hit refresh and that has worked for me the past couple time Ive had to reset.  After the portal finally shows up I don't have a problem switching between any of them weather EP is active or not.

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, DoJo_Mast3r said:

Would love to get evilportal working with out a required internet connection! If anyone can figure how to get it working on mine then that would be amazing

That's quite easy, you just have to spoof all DNS requests and resolve them to the Pineapple. This will make it seem as if internet exists, but a captive portal is present.

3 minutes ago, Sebkinne said:

That's quite easy, you just have to spoof all DNS requests and resolve them to the Pineapple. This will make it seem as if internet exists, but a captive portal is present.

Wow awesome, Im a big noob when it comes to this stuff, so if you could point me to a tutorial todo that or is it a simple process? I have no clue what todo lol

On 02/03/2017 at 10:42 PM, b0N3z said:

Of course DNSmasq! I should have thought of that, thanks for sharing :)

• 1 month later...
On 15/5/2017 at 2:08 AM, Sebkinne said:

Pleas, can you tell me how to do this? i´m trying to do with dnsmasqspoof but i don´t get it. 

setup DNSmasq spoof with the websites pointing to 172.16.42.1 and have both EP and DNSmasq spoof running.

• 10 months later...

I have the NANO with EP setup. It pops up the Captive Portal right away on an iPhone.

I tested on a Pixel 2 and the Captive Portal never appeared. I was able to browse the web without any issue / pop-up from the phone (The phone had never been connected to the Pineapple before.)

I messed with it a for a while and couldn't get the Captive Portal to appear on the Pixel. On the iPhone, the network has to be forgotten before I can get the Captive Portal to pop up again.

Archived