Pineapple Core

b0N3z

So Darren was talking about the bash bunny as also being the "Pineapple Core" that he was talking about in earlier post on the Pineapple page.  From what I got out of the video your client's internet connection will run through the pineapple with whatever modules you have running and then pass through the Bash Bunny out to the internet.  That's if I heard that correctly.  So with this info i'm assuming this will bring even more functionality to the pineapple with things that Openwrt doesn't have in their repo, like bettercap for example.  Im excited to see what this brings to the pineapple platform.

2 hours ago, Sebkinne said:

Hopefully I have something people can try out in a couple of weeks :)

Im excited to hear that!!! Just curious will it be a module or part of the Firmware itself?

19 minutes ago, b0N3z said:

Im excited to hear that!!! Just curious will it be a module or part of the Firmware itself?

It will most likely be a module in the beginning as it'll allow for tighter development cycles, but may well be rolled into the firmware at one point.

Native WiFi Pineapple support will be coming to the bunny at some point too, which will eliminate the need for a WiFi Pineapple payload on the Bash Bunny.

• Upvote 2

I would be interested to know the power requirements of the bunny under full load. I was wandering if it the nano can provide enough juice on the USB port.

From memory - and correct me if wrong - but is it limited to about 500mA? I guess dual supply could be used if required tho.

Edited by Just_a_User

2 hours ago, Just_a_User said:

I would be interested to know the power requirements of the bunny under full load. I was wandering if it the nano can provide enough juice on the USB port.

From memory - and correct me if wrong - but is it limited to about 500mA? I guess dual supply could be used if required tho.

that sounds about right for the nano but we might get a better answer from seb or darren. I would assume the bunny needs at least 5v1-2a.  What are most usb 2.0 ports 5v2a?

14 minutes ago, b0N3z said:

that sounds about right for the nano but we might get a better answer from seb or darren. I would assume the bunny needs at least 5v1-2a.  What are most usb 2.0 ports 5v2a?

there’s a general spec but some manufacturers can and do go out of spec and provide more.  Grabbed this from Wikipedia.

usbspec.png

On 3/3/2017 at 2:25 PM, Darren Kitchen said:

The Bash Bunny averages 1.5A idle - 2A at load - so it works well with either the TETRA or NANO.

in your experience and use of the bunny, have you found a usb port that won't power the bunny enough to execute.  I know this is also a new product so testing like this might not be available.  

12 minutes ago, b0N3z said:

in your experience and use of the bunny, have you found a usb port that won't power the bunny enough to execute.  I know this is also a new product so testing like this might not be available.  

I can't recall ever finding a USB port unable to provide 150-200 mA (1 watt). I'd be seriously concerned if there were any out there.

2.5 watts is most common, with modern machines providing 5-10 watts.

• Upvote 1