Bash Bunny specs?

cor3zer0

I couldn't see any information on the specs of the Bash Bunny.

On the site and video it says " With a quad-core CPU and desktop-class SSD ", but with no hint as to what its running or the size of the ssd.

Maybe I'm just being blind.

So I haven't seen the top of this thing, I would be really excited to see a microSD expansion port, and ability to add wifi over UART or something.  Also, Ram? If this runs off swap, it's going to be a limited use device

'Im expecting around 512 or 1g of RAM, but 2g would really let this be more of a tinkers' device.

Hi Darren,

I'm interested in buying the new Bunny, Ive already bought a Rubber Ducky previously and the Full Hak5 Field kit Spending over $400.

I would like to know if it would be possible for you to include the booklet - The Wifi Pineapple Guide that you issued for new field kits after my purchase - I didn't receive one.

Any chance of that happening when purchasing the new Bunny (including it in the despatch) ?

Cheers,

Mike

44 minutes ago, Miko said:

Hi Darren,

I'm interested in buying the new Bunny, Ive already bought a Rubber Ducky previously and the Full Hak5 Field kit Spending over $400.

I would like to know if it would be possible for you to include the booklet - The Wifi Pineapple Guide that you issued for new field kits after my purchase - I didn't receive one.

Any chance of that happening when purchasing the new Bunny (including it in the despatch) ?

Cheers,

Mike

Mike - 

Thanks for the support. We will be updating the Hak5 Field Kits soon. This seems like a question for the shop. Please reach out to the team at HakShop.com/contact 

Cheers!

I was wondering a few things about the Bunny's hardware, first is there any way to get more than 8GB of storage? Second if there is anything like the SD card slot on the Ducky or any other ports, hidden buttons, debugging pins, or any other notable way to interact with it other than the USB, light, and switch? And thirdly I was wondering if it is possible to get a look inside the Bunny? is it possible to open it like the Ducky's inconspicuous carrying case? and if it is sealed shut do you have any way to give us an inside look at the hardware? Thanks.

The case is easy to open, just be careful and go around the sides of it with something like a guitar pick. I can take pictures of the internals, but won't until staff say its okay out of respect.

I'm having lots of fun with it and would encourage anyone who hasn't bought one to grab one asap. :)

@Foxtrot From everything ive seen its just a usb and when plugged in to edit payloads and such, its just what your pc file manager is, or serial console?  Or is there a GUI like the pineapple.   Are there modules like the pineapple and turtle or is just scripts that work together and being based on debian im guessing the limits are pretty high for what you can do.

EDIT: NVM i just read the wiki Darren posted

1 hour ago, Tylor B. said:

I was wondering a few things about the Bunny's hardware, first is there any way to get more than 8GB of storage? Second if there is anything like the SD card slot on the Ducky or any other ports, hidden buttons, debugging pins, or any other notable way to interact with it other than the USB, light, and switch? And thirdly I was wondering if it is possible to get a look inside the Bunny? is it possible to open it like the Ducky's inconspicuous carrying case? and if it is sealed shut do you have any way to give us an inside look at the hardware? Thanks.

There are a number of currently undocumented pins on the board for serial and micro sd - however as with anything like this, opening it up and soldering to the PCB will invalidate the warranty. In other words, if you let out the magic smoke there's not much I'll be able to do.

Foxtrot is welcome to post pics as long as you're all cool with seeing a naked bunny (do NSFW tags apply?)...

10 minutes ago, incendiarySolution said:

Is it bad that this is kinda hot?

Also, how about the back side? I like seeing those test pads, but they're a little small for soldering. I'm thinking pogo pins?

Ditto for seeing the backside :wink:

Cherry is a code name. Every product gets a ridiculous code names. The cartons the LAN Turtles ship in say Bunny. Long story. Would require beer.

The temperature isn't a problem, it was casing was designed to keep the board well within its thermal limits. It will run warm over time (Idling around 50C), but it isn't an issue as the CPU is rated to 125 C.

On 3/2/2017 at 3:37 PM, Darren Kitchen said:

I'm just finalizing the wiki and figured I'd post here as well.

* Quad-core ARM Cortex A7
* 32 K L1/512 K L2 Cache
* 512 MB DDR3 Memory
* 8 GB SLC NAND Disk

Case Dimensions: 56 x 27 x 14.7 mm sans USB plug. With USB plug it's 70 mm long.

Hey Darren,
I get 2.2G when I run df and the bunny mounted. Do I need to partition the bunny or does each payload get an allotted amount of disk space?

df -H /dev/sdd 
Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/sdd        2.2G   58k  2.2G   1% /run/media/r4pt0r/BashBunny

root@bunny:~# df -h
Filesystem      Size  Used Avail Use% Mounted on
/dev/root       3.2G  649M  2.5G  21% /
devtmpfs        169M     0  169M   0% /dev
tmpfs           249M     0  249M   0% /dev/shm
tmpfs           249M  4.3M  244M   2% /run
tmpfs           5.0M     0  5.0M   0% /run/lock
tmpfs           249M     0  249M   0% /sys/fs/cgroup
root@bunny:~#