WiFi Map - map your city!

Znerox

I've been working on a project that I think some of you will find interesting. I wanted to see a map of the WiFi networks in my area, and be able to filter on things like encryption. The closest thing I found was the map on wigle.net, which wasn't anywhere near as detailed as I had envisioned.

So I started almost from scratch, and built my own solution, based on data collected through the WiGLE Android app. It's possible to search and filter on a number of network properties, as well as show detailed info on where a particular network has been spotted. It's also possible to import data from airodump-ng, and see which clients have been connected to an access point (based on MAC addresses), and the SSIDs probed by that client.

It's come a long way since the first POC version, and is now working quite nice, once you have it set up. It is available on GitHub, with link to a live version. I've been learning HTML/CSS/JavaScript/PHP/MySQL while making this, so there are bound to be some bugs, and less-than-optimal code. Please take a look, and tell me what you think.

• 4 months later...