Maximum Power Tetra Antennas

Kn0wledge

Hi,

So I am testing out how to maximize the power and range of the tetra.

I bought 4 wireless power boosters from the hakshop and tried them on all 4 antennas , for some reason, epic failure because I did not notice that the tetra antennas inputs are female and so are the power boosters.... :facepalm: so that does not work.

I got 9dbi antennas from atheros .... another epic fail, its as if there are no antennas.. soooooooooo my question is, how to maximize the power on this beast.

you most likely got rp-sma antennas as they are easy to find. The Tetra uses SMA antenna.  The Tetra came with 5dbi antenna .  Watch these and know that the Tetra with the 5dbi antenna already put out 29dbm and you really dont wanna go over that. 30dbm is max for US.  At the most you might be able to get 6dbi SMA antenna.

• Upvote 1

It should do yes but each additional connector/adapter will add db's of loss to the system. if you look into the EIRP calculations loss can have an impact on total system performance.

example online calculator (there are many) http://www.air-stream.org.au/technical-references/effective-isotropic-radiated-power-eirp

Edited by Just_a_User

if you can find SMA vs the RP-SMA that would be ideal like Just_a_User stated you will lose a little using adapters or even antenna extenders.  I don't know what kind of range your getting with your Tetra but I live in an apt building and get everybodys during a recon.  I have a friend that lives down the street about 3 houses and I pick his up also.  Ive also seen a huge increase in the amount of SSID collected with PineAP vs the Nano with 9dbi antenna.

On 2/19/2017 at 5:12 PM, b0N3z said:

if you can find SMA vs the RP-SMA that would be ideal like Just_a_User stated you will lose a little using adapters or even antenna extenders.  I don't know what kind of range your getting with your Tetra but I live in an apt building and get everybodys during a recon.  I have a friend that lives down the street about 3 houses and I pick his up also.  Ive also seen a huge increase in the amount of SSID collected with PineAP vs the Nano with 9dbi antenna.

yeah picking up signals is not really an issue, but when you are trying for people to connect to your AP it is tricky because you can see them but for some reason they cannot see you .. i dont know if it makes sense. just unsuccessful in getting anyone to connect to pine ap.