No sound on kali

SoulS

I was going to watch hak5 on youtube but then i notice that there were no sound drivers at all. Im on a laptop that only have kali on it. Since it is a fresh install i thougt this was wierd. Anyone that have ancounterd the same problem and can help?

Btw im new to hacking and all the videos you guys have on hak5 are so many so anyone have a recomendation on were to start for a noob?

Not to offend you but Kali is not a good OS to use on a daily machine.  I have had this problem on kali2.0, rolling 2016.1 and rolling 2016.2.  It a common problem and well documented.  Check the Kali Forums through google.  

They talk about a lot of different things so basically wherever your interests start is probably a good place to start.

3 hours ago, b0N3z said:

Not to offend you but Kali is not a good OS to use on a daily machine.  I have had this problem on kali2.0, rolling 2016.1 and rolling 2016.2.  It a common problem and well documented.  Check the Kali Forums through google.  

They talk about a lot of different things so basically wherever your interests start is probably a good place to start.

Thank you for the reply and yes i know Kali is not a good daily OS. Thanks for the suggestion too and the tips!  

No sound on native hardware or a VM? If in a VM, after boot, click on the tab of the hyper-visor, and reconnect the sound card, then on Kali, turn up the volume. This is a common issue not isolated to Kali and happens with many linux distros in VM's. For native hardware, if pulseaudio isn't working, can try installing Alsamixer which can sometimes help to get the sound working, but I've not run into any issues with kali on native hardware(yet).

This is what I did on a fresh install of kali rolling and it worked fine for me. 

curl -s https://raw.githubusercontent.com/nu11secur1ty/pulseaudio/master/pulseaudio.sh | bash

Edited by b0N3z

• 2 weeks later...