ALFA USB WIFI AWUS036NEH Tx-Power

Malachai

Good Afternoon, 

I was wondering if someone might be able to help me out. I tried searching for the answer before but couldn't get what i was looking for. I'm in the process of purchasing the ALFA USB WIFI AWUS036NEH from the shop. What I'm trying to find out is would this device be able to change the tx-power from 20db  to 30dbm? 

Thanks in advance. 

Well after receiving the device I tried to change the tx-power to 30 using the BO and still doesn't work. I tried BZ and VE it did change it but I was not able to pick up any AP sites. Guess it doesn't work or I'm doing something wrong... 

7 hours ago, Malachai said:

Well after receiving the device I tried to change the tx-power to 30 using the BO and still doesn't work. I tried BZ and VE it did change it but I was not able to pick up any AP sites. Guess it doesn't work or I'm doing something wrong... 

I have a script that will ask you what wireless device eg. wlan1 then once you input it it will change the tx-power to 30 but just a reminder that is illegal in the US and you will eventually burn up your radio.

• 1 month later...
On 2/14/2017 at 5:35 AM, Rainman_34 said:

I have a script that will ask you what wireless device eg. wlan1 then once you input it it will change the tx-power to 30 but just a reminder that is illegal in the US and you will eventually burn up your radio.

Well share the wealth.... lol