Arduino Type's " not @ symbol into Command Prompt

charlieheal123

Hi Guys, 

I'm pen-testing my fathers business network and I am using the Arduino Micro to input commands into the command Prompt. However when the Arduino try's to input an email address to email a log back to the 'hacker' the @ symbol in the Arduino script appears as an " in command Prompt??

Any help is appreciated.

Many Thanks

Charlie

It is caused by the keyboard layout used by the OS. I assume your target is using the UK keyboard.You can change the keyboard layout for your Arduino Tools>Keyboard Layout to US English. 

Or rather much simple solution is to use double quotes key on your arduino to type the at key instead. Also do mind escape characters.

Edited by kbeflo

Try in a console 

echo $'\x40'

If that becomes an @ symbol, then maybe you can script it to a variable or use it as is inline like that. Thats the hexadecimal for @ Should note, if using on command line in full string, don't put the echo in, that was just to demonstrate the output to console. Typing $'\x40' will enter @ on the command line but show as an error when you hit enter since it's not  valid command by itself.

lookup table if you need it - http://ascii.cl/

Edited by digip