WIndows reformat drive with all my software pre-installed

Aleek

Hello,

First time posting, so please feel free to correct me if I am posting in the wrong place.

I am finally upgrading my old rig to 64bit and reformating so to have a clean install with multiple partitions, so I can easily reformat in the future. What I was trying to find and could not locate was the episode in the pre-revision3 days where Derren had made a boot disk with all of the softwares he wanted were already pre-installed on the os. I would like to do the same but in a reformat drive. Where I would boot my pc into and do a clean install with all my softwares already there just need to load keys or update them. At one point I thought I would make my set up and then make a ghost image of it on a drive. So I would just copy the image back over the drive with my os on it.

Can this be done on windows 10 and how should I go about it. 

The pre-installing crap in the Windows ISO would be more for mass installs using the answer file. I don't even know if you can do that anymore to be honest, and it's a TON of BS configuration in my opinion.

What I use is a ghost bootable USB. What I have is a really old version of Ghost, but it still works. You may need to disable UEFI boot settings in the BIOS to boot from USB. Instead of ghosting the whole drive, you can backup just the partition. Then you can re-image that image file to the partition. Saves writing out the entire disk that way.

You can also look into clonezilla which only images the allocated files. This means the backup image would be smaller.

I try to avoid installing applications that constantly get updates, like Chrome, Firefox, etc. Mostly I do it to have my local user account setup. Removed all those stupid tiles from the Windows 10 start menu. Setup my security and power settings. Killed most of the "phone home" stuff with Spybot's anti-beacon. Setup the desktop wallpaper, etc.