Tethering Nano using USB male to USB-C cable on Macbook Pro late 2016

bad2da

Hello,

Is the female USB connector on the Pineapple Nano supposed to be used to tether (or share internet connection) with? I received my Nano in the mail the other day and nothing happens if I connect an USB to USB-C cable between the Nano and my MBP (Late 2016). However, if I use the Y-cable it does, but my goal is to be able to use the Pineapple 4000 battery to power the Nano and not the other way around.

Or is the female USB on the Nano used for something else?

1 hour ago, bad2da said:

Hello,

Is the female USB connector on the Pineapple Nano supposed to be used to tether (or share internet connection) with? I received my Nano in the mail the other day and nothing happens if I connect an USB to USB-C cable between the Nano and my MBP (Late 2016). However, if I use the Y-cable it does, but my goal is to be able to use the Pineapple 4000 battery to power the Nano and not the other way around.

Or is the female USB on the Nano used for something else?

the male end of the nano is for power and internet sharing when connected to a PC.  The female end is for ICS when connected to an android phone that has usb tether enabled or you can use the pineapple app or you can use a 3rd radio to connect it to a wifi source.  If you only want to use the nano and the pineapple 4000 then make use of the management AP on the nano to control the nano from your mobile device connected to the management AP.  For the macbook you will need a usb-a female-to-usb-c male to connect it to the macbook for power and ICS.  

• Upvote 1

FYI to get ICS working on mac is another story. there are 2 main methods. If your having trouble just search the form for mac ICS.