[IDEA] Don't let your friends get the drop on you!

telot

Hey all - back from the dead once again.  yeah

Got a flash of an idea the other day, and wanted to share.  Perhaps someone is working on this already, or someone is looking for something to work on, or maybe its already built and I just have no idea about it.  Please feel free to take the idea and run with it!

• Pineapple scans for known Mac address within bacon frames (the tastiest frames around!)
  • Upon first seeing a known MAC address - sends an alert with timestamp (SMS, email, what have you)
  • Logs stuff

Its so simple, it has to exist already right?  The use case is to set it up outside your house/apartment somewhere and receive an alert when your friend/girlfriend/boyfriend/wife/parent are coming to see you.  In my mind its a PDAS - a Pre-Doorbell Alarm System.  I got the idea when my friend rang the doorbell when my kid was asleep - like, if only I had known he was walking up my sidewalk, I would have grabbed the door ahead of time and saved the angry look from my wife!

telot

• Upvote 1

This would be awesome. Girlfriend1 and Girlfriend2 lol jk.  If I even knew where to start or how to start a project like this, I would be totally in.

6 hours ago, b0N3z said:

This would be awesome. Girlfriend1 and Girlfriend2 lol jk.  If I even knew where to start or how to start a project like this, I would be totally in.

LOL I know right. Imagine having a girlfriend.

@telot, I think you may be able to do this already with the Tracking system module.

• Upvote 3

18 hours ago, Foxtrot said:

LOL I know right. Imagine having a girlfriend.

@telot, I think you may be able to do this already with the Tracking system module.

I have lol. Then I decided to getting a new pc instead lol

Great news! Someone already made this for you and you don't even need to install a module!

It is called the "Tracking" tab.

Add MAC you are looking for to the "Client Tracking List" (This can be performed automatically from many tabs)

Then you can customize your script to "sends an alert with timestamp (SMS, email, what have you)"

You can use a different script for each MAC, or keep reusing one.  I recommend nesting. Make a separate script for logging, email, etc.  You could even make a "friend.sh" or "girlfriend.sh".  Then for each MAC you are tracking, just set that script to call your previous ones.  This way, if you add new functionality (that is what we always think we will do) to the "friend.sh" script, you won't have to update it for all of your tracked MAC addresses.

For anyone with helpful example scripts (or who knows a link to a previous thread on this), please post here!

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

@THCMinister would you mind posting these scripts?  I'd love to take a look at how you tackled it.  In the meantime I will explore the pineappley option, as I have a few at the ready.  Thanks guys!

telot

• Upvote 1

I will definitely put these scripts on here at some point, been pretty hectic in my life offline. Plus the bash bunny just dropped... It is mainly looking at probe requests and having them output to a log. another script reads the log and alerts me via the pushover.net api. You can do this just as easily from the wifi pineapple. I also have it tailored to alert when they connect to my network.

• Upvote 1

@THCMinister - I understand completely dude - life always has a way of getting in the way!

@B0n3z - Thanks so much bud!  I'll check it out!

telot