myus.com is refusing to ship as they need thehak5 ECCN Number

tammer888f

I had an order from hakshop and I tryed using myus.com to ship to my country (Dubai) and know my order is stuck with myus.com refusing to ship to me as they say they need the hakshop Export Control Classification Number (ECCN) anyway I tryed to contact the customer support team in hackshop from 10 days and i got no replay . 

anyone knows how to get this number ? 

• 2 months later...

Bump,

made an account on this forum to state the same problem that happen to my shipment as well 
where Myus denied the delivery of the Field Kits because of  

"dual-use or commercial article controlled under the Commerce Control List (CCL) as defined under the Export Administration Regulations, where the control status requires a Bureau of Industry and Security (BIS) approved export license"

if anyone can provide with more information about this, i would be thankful as the internet has failed me in finding a solution to this situation.

The shipment was sent to a US address and from there it was meant to be Exported outside the country. 

Hi everyone,

Let me quickly start off my saying that we cannot take responsibility for shipments that are being forwarded. We can only guarantee delivery to the forwarding agency. There is a reason why we do not ship to certain countries, so please be aware of this.

That said, the WiFi Pineapple ECCN is 5A992. See below for legal stuff:

The following commodities and software do not require a submission of an encryption registration, classification request or self-classification report to BIS for export or reexport as mass market products:

(i) Short-range wireless encryption functions. Commodities and software that are not otherwise controlled in Category 5, but are nonetheless classified under ECCN 5A992 or 5D992 only because they incorporate components or software that provide short-range wireless encryption functions ( e.g., with a nominal operating range not exceeding 100 meters according to the manufacturer's specifications, designed to comply with the Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) 802.11 wireless LAN standard or the IEEE 802.15.1 standard).

The WiFi Pineapple is self-classification reported as having mass market encryption commodities and software classified under ECCNs 5A992 or 5D992 using the symbol NLR.

The WiFi Pineapple qualifies for mass market treatment under the criteria in the Cryptography Note (Note 3) of Category 5, Part 2 (“Information Security”), of the Commerce Control List (Supplement No. 1 to part 774 of the EAR)

Thanks Sebkinne for the quick answer on the Pineapple Situation, and this of course applies to both the TETRA and the NANO versions of the Pineapple yes?
and on another note is there any ECCN restriction on the Ducky or the LAN Turtle that are similar to the Pineapple?
Thanks for responding.

On 3/14/2017 at 3:00 AM, pennewtest said:

Thanks Sebkinne for the quick answer on the Pineapple Situation, and this of course applies to both the TETRA and the NANO versions of the Pineapple yes?
and on another note is there any ECCN restriction on the Ducky or the LAN Turtle that are similar to the Pineapple?
Thanks for responding.

The above specifically applies to the WiFi Pineapple (any generation so far). The same however does apply to the Ducky, Turtle, and Bunny.

On 3/15/2017 at 2:18 AM, Sebkinne said:

The above specifically applies to the WiFi Pineapple (any generation so far). The same however does apply to the Ducky, Turtle, and Bunny.

thanks for the heads up Sebkinne, 
another question about the ordering of the following items (Wifi Pineapple, Rubber Ducky, and LAN Turtle) can be shipped to any of the Countries Serviced in your https://hakshop.com/pages/policy page without the need of a License because of the ECCN restriction?

9 hours ago, pennewtest said:

thanks for the heads up Sebkinne, 
another question about the ordering of the following items (Wifi Pineapple, Rubber Ducky, and LAN Turtle) can be shipped to any of the Countries Serviced in your https://hakshop.com/pages/policy page without the need of a License because of the ECCN restriction?

I'm not the right person to ask for this to be honest, as I don't deal with shipping. 

Saying that, none of our products are export controlled, and we have never had an issue shipping to one of the counties we officially service. 

If you use a shipping service like myus and ship to a country not on our list, we cannot guarantee that it meets that countries requirements.

For further questions, please contact the hakshop at https://hakshop.com/contact

• 1 month later...