No Clients

3dgenfire

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

yeah im having this issue as well, i noticed when i iwconfig with the pineapple

(after ive ran the ./wp6.sh and connected )  

iwconfig
lo        no wireless extensions.

enx00c0ca8faf62  no wireless extensions.

enp3s0    no wireless extensions.

wlp2s0    IEEE 802.11bgn  ESSID:"WifiLAN"  
          Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.462 GHz  Access Point: Y0:1D:7d:V2:BE:05   
          Bit Rate=72.2 Mb/s   Tx-Power=20 dBm   
          Retry short limit:7   RTS thr=2347 B   Fragment thr:off
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality=70/70  Signal level=-28 dBm  
          Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0
          Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:7   Missed beacon:0

meow?

have you watched this yet?  Your clients have to have an open AP saved in there list of connected wifi on there device.  If they don't then its a good chance they wont connect.  Meaning if you have only connected to your home network on your laptop, chances are you wont get it to connect to the pineapple by deauthing your network unless its an open AP.

• Upvote 1

On 13.3.2017 at 6:59 AM, spac3gh0st said:

yeah im having this issue as well, i noticed when i iwconfig with the pineapple

(after ive ran the ./wp6.sh and connected )  

iwconfig
lo        no wireless extensions.

enx00c0ca8faf62  no wireless extensions.

enp3s0    no wireless extensions.

wlp2s0    IEEE 802.11bgn  ESSID:"WifiLAN"  
          Mode:Managed  Frequency:2.462 GHz  Access Point: Y0:1D:7d:V2:BE:05   
          Bit Rate=72.2 Mb/s   Tx-Power=20 dBm   
          Retry short limit:7   RTS thr=2347 B   Fragment thr:off
          Encryption key:off
          Power Management:off
          Link Quality=70/70  Signal level=-28 dBm  
          Rx invalid nwid:0  Rx invalid crypt:0  Rx invalid frag:0
          Tx excessive retries:0  Invalid misc:7   Missed beacon:0

meow?

iwconfig, which you used on you Linux machine, displays your wireless interfaces. (On you linux machine)
And as far as i can see, you Linux machine seems to be connected to WifiLAN over wlp2s0. I'm guessing that this is where you get internet from.

After running wp6.sh you linux machine should then "share" this connection to the Pineapple's interface.
This interface i cannot see, because it's not a wireless interface. ifconfig would be better to pinpoint which interface belongs to the Pineapple.

That interface should btw have an IP like this: 172.16.42.42

ifconfig eth1 172.16.42.42/24

What happens if you try to SSH to the Pineapple, or even browse to it: http://172.16.42.1:1471  ?

sweet and yes ive seen the video @b0N3z, what happens is, i am able to share and successfully connect i just dont get any clients showing up on the home gui or in Filters and Profiling tabs.. as well as Clients. On my windows machine, same thing.  My ipv4 is 172.16.42.42  , i successfully share and connect devices to Pineapple but the status on that adapter general tab reads "no network acess"  on ipv4...

@Zylla i am able to ssh into my pineapple with putty and thru linux, and i do get to the web page just no clients show when infact i know i have tested connection to the pineapple on multiple devices.... im just stumped  

:blink: thanks comrades!

I am also new and have some problems that are similar however I get clients to connect but then my internet sharing doesn't work and any device I connect with gets an error message saying a hostname can't be found. Really frustrating! 

-Clients connect but no working internet

-wifi pineapple seems to work for a few minutes with pine AP running and then suddenly everything comes to a halt and i have to reboot.

- I cannot get into the meat and potatoes of learning how to use the software because i have to constantly stop to either reset the pineapple, reconnect client mode (if using) and this is non-stop. It absolutely will not keep a working client connection for longer than 10 minutes. 

I really want to learn how to do some of this pen testing, as i am very aware that it is not "user-friendly" and one has got to be very patient while trying to learn but when constantly having to reconnect the wifi pineapple and go back to make sure that certain dependencies are running it can get very confusing and stop you dead in your tracks! Is there anything that I can go to that will just give a simple step by step no fail set of instructions that I can try to get started with? It is super nice to learn from those who are in the fast lane but for the beginners, we need things to be literally explained in detail! Another thing that I have trouble with is the user interface. I find that too many of the youtube videos that talk about the Wifi Pineapple Nano are all in the older user interface which to someone who is trying to put the pieces together it is sort of like trying to put together a massive puzzle with the wrong instructions! Sorry I am complaining but i do spend several hours at a time and i really am trying to get somewhere. Anyone have some advice? 

got it working again ! i did firmware recovery and fixed all my issues heh:grin:

im still curious why on my windows machine the ipv4 read "no internet connection" when i was still able to connect to my pineapple on that adapter?

but never the less thank you everyone !

15 hours ago, spac3gh0st said:

im still curious why on my windows machine the ipv4 read "no internet connection" when i was still able to connect to my pineapple on that adapter

If you are referring to the Pineapples interface on the windows machine, then it's because that interface does not provide your machine with a internet connection.
Glad you got it sorted out ! :)

Edited by Zylla

On 3/16/2017 at 11:17 AM, Zylla said:

If you are referring to the Pineapples interface on the windows machine, then it's because that interface does not provide your machine with a internet connection.
Glad you got it sorted out ! :)

heh yeah i do understand that, it was weird because my ipv4 after sharing connection, from windows to pineapple, the pineapple ipv4 status read 'no connection' while i was most certainly sharing connection?

but yes thanks again!