War driving Drone

kerravon

Hi all,
I am looking at using a small wifi router like the wr307 or mr3020 with openwrt + battery supply and a gps dongle.
then setting it up so it will log all ssids and gps loctaions to a thumbdrive when flying round ny desired target area.

I know this has been fone with the wifi pineapple, but do I really want to risk losing it if it falls off, my idea is to use the above
and fitting it inside of the drone casing as the circuit boards for these is quite small. If anyone has any ideas or thoughts
I'd be happy to hear them.

8 hours ago, kdodge said:

I think someone else here has mentioned the ESP8266-12Es which is ideal for what your doing. its like an arduino w/ wifi. lightweight. easy to attach gps. low power req. cheap. easy to hack.

thanks for the info I will look into that

13 hours ago, b0N3z said:

Id like to find a way to use a pi zero just to collect ssid but have yet to even look anything up to get it started.

check this out, it covers what you need.  https://github.com/xme/hoover

On 12/15/2016 at 6:34 AM, kerravon said:

check this out, it covers what you need.  https://github.com/xme/hoover

That looks like what I want.  Thank you.  Have you tryed it on a pizero?  If not ill let you know how it works when I get around to it.

On 18/12/2016 at 3:28 AM, b0N3z said:

That looks like what I want.  Thank you.  Have you tryed it on a pizero?  If not ill let you know how it works when I get around to it.

No havent tried it , I'm working on the wr703 and mr3040 as thay have a small footprint with everything i need built on board. but the pi zero would be an ideal plafform for a pocket wardriving device.

Edited by kerravon

16 hours ago, kerravon said:

No havent tried it , I'm working on the wr703 and mr3040 as thay have a small footprint with everything i need built on board. but the pi zero would be an ideal plafform for a pocket wardriving device.

Nice I like those. Are you running openwrt on both?  

So I have cloned this hoover.pl to my pi and kali. everytime I run it I always get an error say " no tshark tool found" . I initially thought it was just the pi but it does the same on kali.  any ideas?

17 hours ago, b0N3z said:

So I have cloned this hoover.pl to my pi and kali. everytime I run it I always get an error say " no tshark tool found" . I initially thought it was just the pi but it does the same on kali.  any ideas?

check you have tshark installed if it is (should be on kali) try copying it to the same directory as hoover.pl see if that works.
meantime I will set it up myself and see if I get the same error, and find whats causing it.

Just looked at the code line 62: my $tsharkPath = "/usr/local/bin/tshark";

so check tshark is in the right directory if not copy it in it should work ok.

lol I should have looked at that but now that it is fixed a whole new set of errors occur.  Ill keep you updated on how this works out lol

pi@raspberrypi:~/hoover $ sudo ./hoover.pl --interface wlan0

Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06) :

SET failed on device wlan0 ; Device or resource busy.

Cannot set interface wlan0 in monitoring mode!

pi@raspberrypi:~/hoover $ 

THis is without putting wlan0 in monitor mode

this is with mon0

pi@raspberrypi:~/hoover $ sudo ./hoover.pl --interface mon0
Error for wireless request "Set Frequency" (8B04) :
    SET failed on device mon0 ; Device or resource busy.
Cannot set interface channel.
tshark: Lua: Error during loading:
 [string "/usr/share/wireshark/init.lua"]:46: dofile has been disabled due to running Wireshark as superuser. See http://wiki.wireshark.org/CaptureSetup/CapturePrivileges for help in running Wireshark as an unprivileged user.
pi@raspberrypi:~/hoover $ 

im doing this over ssh with a wired connection and a alfa awus036neh wifi card (same one as the hakshop) . Im using my PI2 right now but will eventually have it on the zero with a tplink w722n wifi dongle.

Merry Xmas yourself and to everybody else.

Edited by b0N3z

Try this fix and try again. let me know

Make a backup of /etc/default/ifplugd and change HOTPLUG_INTERFACES="all" to HOTPLUG_INTERFACES="".
vi /etc/default/ifplugd

then reboot

1 hour ago, kerravon said:

are you running hoover.pl as root as this is required?

yes it wont let you run it without

1 hour ago, kerravon said:

Try this fix and try again. let me know

Make a backup of /etc/default/ifplugd and change HOTPLUG_INTERFACES="all" to HOTPLUG_INTERFACES="".
vi /etc/default/ifplugd

then reboot

This file does not exist and ive searched for other files that might allow me to change the hotplug interface but no luck 

I've now tried this with kali rolling 2016.2, raspbian lite, and raspbian PIXEL or full.  Most likely network manager is running because I've been trying to setup through a wired ssh connection and then set the wifi from terminal shell.

found this

The raspian has a service called ifplugd. This ifplugd is a daemon which will automatically configure your ethernet device when it is plugged in and automatically unconfigure it if it is pulled.

So, it does the device stay busy. Disabling it allow you to use ifconfig and iwconfig normally. Just use the comand:

$ sudo service ifplugd stop

pi@drone:~ $ sudo service ifplugd stop
Failed to stop ifplugd.service: Unit ifplugd.service not loaded.

The daemon is not on raspbian by default, but i did manage to install it and then stop it lol. Im about to find an alternative or try kali on it and see what that does.

• 2 months later...

I have been playing with a pi zero for war walking and I have a fully functioning if not a little Frankensteinish rig running Rasbian Jessie Lite and using Kismet for gathering data. I am still working out a few minor kinks but it is tiny and fairly light.

10 hours ago, tlmarxist said:

I have been playing with a pi zero for war walking and I have a fully functioning if not a little Frankensteinish rig running Rasbian Jessie Lite and using Kismet for gathering data. I am still working out a few minor kinks but it is tiny and fairly light.

sound great, very interested in how you've done it