Help! Hackrf one not working (symbol lookup error)

Ghost

Hello,

I got Hackrf One, and am trying to work with it on my raspberry pi. I am constantly getting the following error:

hackrf_info: symbol lookup error: hackrf_info: undefined symbol: hackrf_device_list

I tried everything. First installing gnu-radio via apt-get and building hackrf master from source code, it didn't work. Then I removed gnu-radio and installed it by PyBombs which a lot of people recommended, but it didn't work as well. My last try was downloading the source codes of gnu-radio, osmosdr, iqbal by git clone and building them one by one which took days for gnu-radio. But still I am always getting the same error when I try to run hackrf_info.

Does anyone know what can I do? Please I'd appreciate any help! I've been trying to solve this for 2 weeks, I looked everywhere on the net and found nothing to solve this.

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply.

I installed libhackrf:

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install libhackrf-dev

But still the same error when i type hackrf_info. Also the green USB light in the hackrf is on, and when i type lsusb it shows OpenMoko.

Any ideas?

Ah sorry to hear that, they were OK at time of posting. Found both with google so try the same and I'm sure you will dig up something. Good luck

Edit test link again

http://härdin.se/blog/2016/02/05/setting-up-gnuradio-for-raspberry-pi-2/

Weird... I can browse to page and copy link but once pasted it doesn't work. Try going to website and finding the blog post manually.

Edited by Just_a_User

On 12/22/2016 at 4:09 PM, Just_a_User said:

Ah sorry to hear that, they were OK at time of posting. Found both with google so try the same and I'm sure you will dig up something. Good luck

Edit test link again

http://härdin.se/blog/2016/02/05/setting-up-gnuradio-for-raspberry-pi-2/

Weird... I can browse to page and copy link but once pasted it doesn't work. Try going to website and finding the blog post manually.

Thank you, yes it worked when I googled the website. I'll check it out.

Okay so I did something and it solved the problem but I don't know if it's right or not.

Typing:

sudo find / -name hackrf_info

Showed two directories where hackrf_info existed, one is (home/pi/SDR/hackrf/host/build/hackrf-tools/src/hackrf_info)
and the other is (/usr/local/bin/hackrf_info)

I noticed that when I went to ~/SDR/hackrf/host/build/hackrf-tools/src/ and ran ./hackrf_info it worked without an error! so what I did was copied hackrf_info, hackrf_transfer and all other files that contain hackrf from ~/SDR /hackrf/host/build/hackrf-tools/src/ to /usr/local/bin and then it worked when I ran hackrf_info!!

• 1 month later...

I have a similar error now after updated firmware on Ubuntu and tried it on Kali. 

On 12/9/2016 at 0:46 PM, Ghost said:

mbol lookup error: hackrf_info: undefined symbol: hackrf_device_list

But not device_list I have Library_version. What should I do to fix it? By the way, its working on transfer mode