Whats the issue with WPS

Fr3q

Hello Everyone

I have had the Nano for about a month now and i cant figure out why
The nano cant crack WPS(Provided router is not a auto locking ****)

I have come to ask the community hopefully to get a more in depth understanding
i setup my home router with WPS push button enabled default pin
I tested with my kali box and could crack the WPS in 6 hrs with 0 locks

ssh into nano run wash -i wlan1mon annnnnnnnd nothing !LoL
ok so Aircrack has a switch to see WPS buts its in accurate and displays my router as no WPS LOL

Next step i took was to download wifte to the nano got it runing ok and cant associate
so tried reaver with aireplay in screen to fake the auth

now reaver returns nothing but 0x4 error codes lmao

<tldr>
Whats the technical problem behind the Nano not being able to crack wps?

49 minutes ago, Fr3q said:

So Does this mean were at the mercey of the devs when it comes to Libpcap or can i just recompile a new version of libpcap and install it?

Actually, we ship a newer version of libpcap, which in my eyes is the right thing to do. Reaver simply doesn't like it and won't run correctly. Having spoken to the reaver devs, they have also abandoned the project as the cleanup is too much hassle, so we never pursued this further. 

The fix would be compiling reaver with a statically linked version of libpcap (an older version that is verified to work). 

• Upvote 2

• 4 months later...
On 12/3/2016 at 11:36 PM, Sebkinne said:

Actually, we ship a newer version of libpcap, which in my eyes is the right thing to do. Reaver simply doesn't like it and won't run correctly. Having spoken to the reaver devs, they have also abandoned the project as the cleanup is too much hassle, so we never pursued this further. 

The fix would be compiling reaver with a statically linked version of libpcap (an older version that is verified to work). 

Given that its know to be inoperative and abandoned, wouldn't it be a good idea to either archive it off or make a note in the modules management page?  Or is there a pinned post somewhere with the modules status that i've missed? Thankfully I only waisted a single day before finding out the module was inoperative. :)

4 hours ago, graythang said:

Given that its know to be inoperative and abandoned, wouldn't it be a good idea to either archive it off or make a note in the modules management page?  Or is there a pinned post somewhere with the modules status that i've missed? Thankfully I only waisted a single day before finding out the module was inoperative. :)

Once I get a tiny bit of time I'll ship a newer version of libpcap with a new firmware that'll fix the issue.

• Upvote 2

On 4/21/2017 at 1:03 AM, Sebkinne said:

Once I get a tiny bit of time I'll ship a newer version of libpcap with a new firmware that'll fix the issue.

appreciate that, but if your life is anything like mine a little bit of time is a hard hard commodity to come by :) 

On 04/21/2017 at 5:03 PM, Sebkinne said:

dbe15a7c20ae6432771ad7a19cfc0e6d_bender-

Old crackable wps enabled routers are plentiful in my cornor of the world

The release of this new firmware would be most excellent.

• 2 weeks later...

You guys that need a fix while waiting for a new firmware-version can take a look at this thread.
I provided an installation-package (IPK) file for the Pineapples, which will upgrade the version of libpcap from 1.5 -> 1.8.1, thus solving the problem.

Follow the instructions in the thread, and you'll get full functionality of Reaver, Wash, and everything else. :)

• 2 months later...
On 5/3/2017 at 10:11 AM, Zylla said:

You guys that need a fix while waiting for a new firmware-version can take a look at this thread.
I provided an installation-package (IPK) file for the Pineapples, which will upgrade the version of libpcap from 1.5 -> 1.8.1, thus solving the problem.

Follow the instructions in the thread, and you'll get full functionality of Reaver, Wash, and everything else. :)

my reaver still not working, even i upgrade my libpcap to 1.8

16 hours ago, kr36 said:

my reaver still not working, even i upgrade my libpcap to 1.8

You need to provide more details if you want help.
For instance: Did you follow the instructions? If you did, it should work. On both the Tetra and the Nano.
Did you do the sym-linking that was mentioned in the guide?
Also, what error-messages are displayed when trying to run reaver/wash after upgrading libpcap to v1.8?

Thank you Zylla, yes i followed all the sym linking and installing, it just failed to associate everytime and in any ap's, even im so near with it.Im using nano.No error on wash, just in reaver in cli and in web, first it says Failed to associate and then, Segmentation fault and sometimes bus error. thnx for help zylla.

• 2 weeks later...

The cause could be that the binaries you're running (reaver, wash, bully) is built with the earlier version of libpcap.
When we're sym-linking we're tricking the Pineapple into thinking it's the correct version.
But that version will probably have some different symbols, functions etc. compared to the earlier version.
When the binary then tries to execute something from the library that doesn't exist, or is renamed, or revamped it will seg-fault.

If i remember correctly there should be some versions of reaver in this thread uploaded to mega that is compiled with the new libpcap.
You could try installing them and see if it fixes the seg-faults.