Recon Error

fairyboy

Hi All, 

Newbie here 1st time using Wifi Pineapple and Kali linux.

So I've been able to successfully follow the setup video and configure my Wifi Pineapple. However, when I tried to Recon, I am getting an error of "There was an error starting up Recon. Please try again." I was only able to Recon once after the initial setup and havent been able to Recon again since then. Not sure what happened. I did enable PineAP's Daemon before noticing Recon doesn't work.

Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks

• 7 months later...

Hi all, I just upgraded to latest firmware 1.1.3 and all went fine until the restart. I'm now unable to run the Recon feature I get "There was an error starting Recon. Please try again." and also I have lost the wlan1 interface. I'm not able to find any helpful logs to address the debug. Any updates to this post?

• 4 weeks later...

I also had the same problem when I originally upgraded to firmware 1.1.3  on nano and also on 1.1.2 on my TETRA, but after rebooting the device, I was able to launch recon successfully. I didn't see any replies to this post, so wanted to at least chime in. Perhaps try to downgrade and re-install the firmware? I doubt that it will fix it, but just sharing my experience. 

Hi Bro,
I have encountered the same situation as you, and I suggest you try to see the “wlan name” of the bridged-network in the networking settings (need to make sure it is 'wlan1' by default), or you can modify the path in the pineapple system "/pineapple/modules/Recon/Api in the variable "ClientInterface"  ", to ensure that the "ClientInterface" variable and Networking settings in the same bridge-network's name.

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/18/2017 at 4:38 AM, cybersecjedi said:

Hi all, I just upgraded to latest firmware 1.1.3 and all went fine until the restart. I'm now unable to run the Recon feature I get "There was an error starting Recon. Please try again." and also I have lost the wlan1 interface. I'm not able to find any helpful logs to address the debug. Any updates to this post?

After some time away from my beloved pineapple I'm back.. *brushes off dust* I too am experiencing issues with recon. After poking around a bit, and a factory reset... I too do not have Wlan1. It's not there in ifconfig. :blink:

• 1 month later...

Archived