How do you use the rubber ducky with androids?

Mods

So basically i want to download something on a android how would i do that? A factor is that the phone is unlocked and the download will be hosted on media fire or mega (or a direct dl if it is impossible with media fire ect). I will not be able to test this since i do not have a usb rubber ducky and thats why i am posting this thread (i will be getting a rubber ducky soon) :D 

• 2 weeks later...

I wanna be able to do this too. The rubber ducky comes with a USB to android input converter! I haven't been able to properly test if it actually executes as a keyboard like it does when inserted into a computer but this would be awesome if it did. Let's keep this thread active guys!

It would have to be phone specific.  Most manufacturers have their own spin on the gui, and the ducky only acts as a keyboard, no mouse(touch).  You'll also not be able to open a shell, since most android phones don't have that capability without an additional app already installed.  I'm not even sure if it's possible.

On 12/13/2016 at 11:37 AM, barry99705 said:

It would have to be phone specific.  Most manufacturers have their own spin on the gui, and the ducky only acts as a keyboard, no mouse(touch).  You'll also not be able to open a shell, since most android phones don't have that capability without an additional app already installed.  I'm not even sure if it's possible.

Instead of shutting down opinions right and left, you can just say you don't know or can't think of a way ;) or not say anything at all

39 minutes ago, jes said:

Instead of shutting down opinions right and left, you can just say you don't know or can't think of a way ;) or not say anything at all

I'm just saying the ducky isn't going to work the way you think it is.  It can't emulate screen touches, which is what android phones use for everything.  You can try this yourself with a regular keyboard and usb adapter.

12 hours ago, barry99705 said:

I'm just saying the ducky isn't going to work the way you think it is.  It can't emulate screen touches, which is what android phones use for everything.  You can try this yourself with a regular keyboard and usb adapter.

Couldn't agree more.

If you want to script a ducky payload for any phone, regardless of the architecture behind it, you're going to need to know what options and programs are where on that particular make and model of the phone.

On a PC, one can open CMD/PowerShell/etc. to give commands that do all sorts of nice things, without having to open anything else. On a phone, however, you will physically have to get the phone to navigate to the options you want via the GUI, as there is no CMD/PowerShell/etc. to send commands to.

The best way to do this is to get hold of the same piece of hardware you are trying to create a script for, or an emulation if one is available, and as barry mentions you can plug an actual keyboard in to it and have a play. You'll need to learn which keyboard key inputs do what on the phone, and then create a custom script based around this.

Unfortunately, there is no such thing as a universal ducky payload that will work with all android phones, or any other phones for that matter. A custom script must be designed.

13 hours ago, jes said:

I believe barry's answer was spot on - He wasn't shutting anything down or giving an opinion, he gave a well informed answer based on fact, which I have pretty much expanded on above.

Please note barry is also a long-standing member and a very good resource for knowledge as well.

Your reply felt a bit rude. Please keep these forums polite.

Edited by haze1434

• 3 weeks later...

The ducky can utilize ADB and a shell through ADB to enter commands just as if you are on a PC connected to the phone. There is info on the net about ducky android payloads. GTS. I have yet to utilize these payloads, I pentest windows/ *nix boxes mainly so I have not put any effort  into it. Keep your head up.

@Zer0Co0l Thanks for that. I'll search for ducky android payloads. Do you have any links on those that you can share?

Sorry, I didn't mean to be rude, apologies. However, the forums are also supposed to have valuable information, so if you guys don't know a way to accomplish something, don't just say, this absolutely cannot be done, that's not how a hacker's mind should work.

The ducky is a keyboard, usually every OS has a way of navigating around the system just by using a keyboard (no need for a mouse or fingers for touching) so I was wondering if there is any good android payloads that do this.

• 11 months later...
On 15/1/2017 at 4:57 PM, Teabot 5000 said:

On Android 6.0.1, WindowsKey + b will open a browser. F2 will enable editing of the URL. You could probably navigate to the server and download what ever it is that way.

it seems you might handle android coding

im trying to figure out the best way to make a hello world on any android phone using the rubber

so when you say windows key i get lost i mean windows make me think of Win OS or is there a dafult "windows" key for android

i wish i could find the proper code for calling an specific default app so that i can execute a STRING parameter such as hello word

so far on several phones the results are way different some call the first app on the screen other calls the browser

any help for a standard procedure???

• 4 years later...
On 12/13/2016 at 9:37 AM, barry99705 said:

Most Android phones can easily enable developer mode.  If Rubber Ducky can just act like an HID device, and it could run an adb shell, then it could could enable developer mode, enable adb, start an adb shell, and accept the connection with the persistence checkbox checked; assuming that adb and the HID side of things can run in parallel.