Pineapple not connecting to s7

zergbot

I just received my pineapple and I cannot get it to work with my phone. The cable that came with it doesnt let me usb tether. (i have to use my samsung cable) and it wont connect to the app, it says waiting for connection. Ive updated firmware. Does anyone have a fix for this or am I SOL?

9 minutes ago, zergbot said:

I just received my pineapple and I cannot get it to work with my phone. The cable that came with it doesnt let me usb tether. (i have to use my samsung cable) and it wont connect to the app, it says waiting for connection. Ive updated firmware. Does anyone have a fix for this or am I SOL?

The cable the WiFi Pineapple NANO comes with is not a data cable, so that won't work. The App itself may not work with your device (see the disclaimer), but it is also not required to use the WiFi Pineapple. Think of it more as a free bonus.

28 minutes ago, Sebkinne said:

The cable the WiFi Pineapple NANO comes with is not a data cable, so that won't work. The App itself may not work with your device (see the disclaimer), but it is also not required to use the WiFi Pineapple. Think of it more as a free bonus.

Oh okay. What are other ways to use it without the cable?

The cable that the nano comes with is for power only.  So unless you wanna plug a battery inline with the nano you need it and depending on the size battery (5v1a, 5v2a, etc) you might need two batteries to get the most of the nano.  Use the Management AP to control it or use a third radio on the nano (usb wifi which would be wlan2) and create a hotspot with your phone and have the nano connect to your phone.  Or just use a usb-microusb from the femaile usb end of the nano

On 10/21/2016 at 7:43 PM, b0N3z said:

The cable that the nano comes with is for power only.  So unless you wanna plug a battery inline with the nano you need it and depending on the size battery (5v1a, 5v2a, etc) you might need two batteries to get the most of the nano.  Use the Management AP to control it or use a third radio on the nano (usb wifi which would be wlan2) and create a hotspot with your phone and have the nano connect to your phone.  Or just use a usb-microusb from the femaile usb end of the nano

How do I connect to the pineapple via with my phone and create a hotspot with my phone? It wont allow me to run both

you either connect to the Pineapples Managment wifi or connect to the hotspot from your phone with the nano.  You would have to connect to the SSID your phone broadcast while connected to the webui under networking and then you would be set.  Pre setup.