A few newbie questions

manpreet

I've had a play around with my tetra and so far am happy with it. Have a few questions:

Can reaver crack encrypted wifi?

If I already know wifi password can I use the tetra to sniff credentials of those already on the same encrypted wifi?

Can I deauth someone from an encrypted wifi over and over so they look at using open wifi? Or is this part of the four/six way handshake

In terms of mobile data canany of this data be sniffed with any modules?

I assumed that the pineapple can do this but it doesn't seem to, can someone point me to the right module:

Device broadcasts remembered ssid...open and encrypted

Tetra reads this and responds

The two pair up

Currently all im seeing from pineap is thw broadcast of nearby wifis and i can spoof this and then user manually connects

4 hours ago, manpreet said:

Are you bored?

i think it's more of a where to even start with these questions....(google would probably be the best option, since you seem to need the most help on concepts not really usage)

On 10/18/2016 at 3:35 PM, manpreet said:

I've had a play around with my tetra and so far am happy with it. Have a few questions:

1---Can reaver crack encrypted wifi?

2---If I already know wifi password can I use the tetra to sniff credentials of those already on the same encrypted wifi?

3---Can I deauth someone from an encrypted wifi over and over so they look at using open wifi? Or is this part of the four/six way handshake

4---In terms of mobile data canany of this data be sniffed with any modules?

5---I assumed that the pineapple can do this but it doesn't seem to, can someone point me to the right module:

Device broadcasts remembered ssid...open and encrypted

Tetra reads this and responds

The two pair up

Currently all im seeing from pineap is thw broadcast of nearby wifis and i can spoof this and then user manually connects

Obviously you want to learn, so i don't want to discourage that, but you may need to take a step back and realize you have a lot of research and base knowledge you need to do what you want to do.  The most important thing to know is this a penetration testing tool and should only be used in legal authorized penetration tests, If you are just doing this for a hobby (which your questions seem to indicate) you are only going to be using this tool on your own networks/devices and if you indicate you aren't using it in the fashion mentioned then you will receive no help on this forum.  

1----No reaver doesn't crack encryption.  reaver brute forces pin attempts on wps and then can provide the pin and password if a successful attempt is made.  Google reaver to learn more about what it does specifically.

2----Yes, but it also depends on how those credentials are transmitted (i.e. they could be transmitted encrypted from client out and back)  Being on the encrypted network is like being on a wired connection.  Wifi encryption on secures the data over the air, it doesn't do anything with data being transmitted over the network itself.  google more about how networks work in general and what wifi encryption is.

3----Yes, but more than likely someone is just going to think their router is broken and call their isp to come fix it.  Especially in a corporate network environment, a home user might go and try to and search for something else to connect to but depends on the user.  

4----I don't know what the canany is but mobile data on a network is just like any other data on a network, it's just coming from a mobile device.  (with that in mind google the names of the modules and look more into the tools they are using and when you know how those work you'll know more about how you can use that specific module)

5----see the () part of 4

The last four sentences I'm not even sure what you are saying or if they should be one number or not.  I'm assuming you want to know more about how pineAP works in general and for that I would search on this forum and find out more about pineAP that way.

So I applaud you for your initiative but I would highly recommend you learn all of the basics before you try to just turn on the pineapple and try to run with it.

Cheers. Yes literally just go into this and thought pineaplle would be a great starting point to learn actively. I have googled these but other sites arent down to the point and also it would be a good idea for newbie hak users to stick to this site as it helps grow a forum and its user base. Really we should have a few newbie stickies like very basic things but I've already learnt quite a bit playing around with it

10 hours ago, manpreet said:

we should have a few newbie stickies like very basic things

You mean like this one: https://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/913-hacking-where-to-begin/

You'll note it links to several outside sites (there's no reason to remake the wheel).  Past that the main thing I love about hacking is solving problems (as I'm sure most into it do as well)  So you aren't going to find a lot of down to the point things, you want to learn about everything so you know how it all works and then you can take advantage of that knowledge and how it all works to do things you want to get done.  That's really what most "hacks" are all about.