Sebkinne

New Firmware in development: Feedback needed

12 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

We have started working on a new firmware for the Lan Turtle, ironing out a couple of issues, and upgrading the firmware base. What we would like to know from you is what improvements and features you would like to see in the new firmware.

Currently, these are the things on my To-Do list (will be update with feedback):

• New firmware base (Barrier Breaker -> Chaos Calmer)
  • Install / Remove hooks for modules
  • Stability improvements in packages

Thank you for your feedback!

. Preserve user password instead of resetting to default after a firmware upgrade

Sort module alphabetically without case sensitivity (then please copy this over to the Pineapple as well ;)

Make the option clear that ICS can be used instead of having to hook up the Ethernet cable. (not sure how you will do that but you said you would :-P)

Just small things, but really it's a pretty solid little device already and I'm sure adding:
New firmware base (Barrier Breaker -> Chaos Calmer)
Install / Remove hooks for modules
Stability improvements in packages

Is already going to add to it and make it ready for the future!

Would be nice to be able to install a "bare" OpenWRT system using standard OpenWRT tools.

Do you want to update the base to be LEDE the fork of OpenWRT?

4 hours ago, Tim F said:

Would be nice to be able to install a "bare" OpenWRT system using standard OpenWRT tools.

I'll see about putting a base image on github, or upstream in the board's configuration. No promises though. 

Do you want to update the base to be LEDE the fork of OpenWRT?

I have given it a lot of thought, and don't think I'll make the jump the LEDE for the LAN Turtle just yet. It is definitely something I'll want to do in the future though. 

The thought of adding usb hid support is a dream    making the turtle have a ability to swich usb to hid.  

Just my thoughts

Keep up the great work:cool:

8 minutes ago, m40295 said:

The thought of adding usb hid support is a dream    making the turtle have a ability to swich usb to hid.  

Just my thoughts

That's not possible. The male USB port on the LAN Turtle actually connects to an ASIX chip. That ASIX chip is connected to the ethernet lines on the AR9331, so the LAN Turtle has no actual control over that chip.

<html> <h1> If you could somehow add tether-a-turtle to the firmware that would be great. <a href= https://forums.hak5.org/index.php?/topic/36460-tut-tether-turtle-to-laptop-like-the-wifi-pineapple/> here </a> </h1> 

Here is the link if you haven't seen it yet. 

Not require the user to modify the iptables to ssh via the wan side.  Still trying figure out how to persist the iptables settings.  

CaptainCaveman

On 19/10/2016 at 8:22 PM, m40295 said:

Just my thoughts

And now the bash bunny is born.    

I have more ideas. 

On 23.12.2016 at 2:47 AM, GunZofPeace said:

Give the option to upload your own custom payloads/modules. And be able to run them.

You can do that already by just copying your modules to /etc/turtle/modules/

Nevertheless, it would be nice to share your payloads with the community by doing also a pull request on GitHub to hak5/lanturtle-wiki...