PineApple Mark V not connecting

blueghosties

Greetings all,

The Wifi Pineapple did work before. I'm not sure what's going on with it now. I'll state that I have been through many videos on connecting through Linux, I am using Kali Linux 2.0 on an Alienware 14.

When it first powers on, I get the Red and the Green light at the same time and they are solid, not blinking. The Red turns off and the Blue turns on while the Green remains on. The Blue does occasionally blink.

When I connect the Ethernet cable to the computer from the Pineapple, the Amber light goes on.

Connecting to the Pineapple from a browser, it logs in just fine...I get all the common panes with the default firmware.

Under the Network pane:

Wlan0 Enabled.  | Disable
Wlan1 Enabled.  | Disable

Internet IP: Error Connecting

LAN: 172.16.42.1
Wlan1: N/A

Not understanding why Wlan1: N/A

When I try Client Mode...I can connect to the network, yet no ip...nothing. There is no Interface: selector at the top of the Client Mode pane, where you can choose wlan0, wlan1, etc. Not even there. When going into Client Mode, the Red light will come on momentarily, then turn off. It will list wlan1 under connected then when I go to Main Screen to show IP, I get 'Error Connecting'.

I'm at a loss on what to do next.

Thanks.

I'm with mojo0243.  I typically get my MarkV powered up completely, then connect it to my laptop and once I have an IP from the MarkV, then go ahead and run the wp5.sh script to handle forwarding your internet connection.  There is a newer script (wp6.sh) for the Tetra and Nano and it works well on those.  Haven't tested it on my MarkV but it may be worth a try.

So I actually just pulled out my MK5 and since I reset it to factory defaults I had the same issue and the wp5.sh script is not working.  I assume you are on an old firmware version for the MK5 and if you ssh into the pineapple you will still be able to ping www.wifipineapple.com.  The way I found to correct this action and it works beautifully now is to download the 2.4.0 firmware from wifipineapple.com.  Then boot the pineapple and conduct a manual firmware update following the instructions provided in the link below.  Then once that is complete let it reboot and run the wp5.sh script and everything should work beautifully.  If not feel free to PM me and I will try to help you figure it out.

http://wiki.wifipineapple.com/legacy/#!firmware.md