Unknown FaceTime Caller

Trolltsky

I am getting FaceTime calls from people I don't know. They are using an email address that isn't linked to any social media that I can find. 

How (if possible) can I get the IP address of the device calling? Or any other form of reverse tracing? 

Any help is greatly appreciated friends. 

Cheers,

trolltsky

Forgive my ignorance, as I don't have an apple device or use facetime, but is there no whitelist/blasklist feature or settings to enable that prevent unwatned callers to contact you over facetime? Even skype has simple options for friends only lists and blocking feature for contacts you don't know or approve of. 

Thank you both for responding! Is it possible to get much information on who the email address belongs to? Or any way of identifying the person?

18 minutes ago, digip said:

Forgive my ignorance, as I don't have an apple device or use facetime, but is there no whitelist/blasklist feature or settings to enable that prevent unwatned callers to contact you over facetime? Even skype has simple options for friends only lists and blocking feature for contacts you don't know or approve of. 

Don't apologize I appreciate the time you took. I do have a block caller (which is now being used). However, I still had the suspicion of investigating who it was. If anyone has an idea of how to go about that. Somehow cracking their password and getting in the email or IP address list of the devices or locations the email has been accessed from? Something anything to pin point their identify to an extent a thing least. 

Thanks again!

ps I'll provide the email if anyone wants it. Pretty sure I won't be pleased with who it is anyway. 

logging or hacking into their stuff probably not a good route to go, but, you can always try engaging them in conversation and social engineering them to email you a pic or something similar, that gets you something from them, or, engage over your own web service like setting up a temporary site you ask them to visit and chat with you over or such. There are ways to go about it, but you have to be cunning and get them to do something they normally wouldn't do. Does facetime let you share files like skype? maybe even get them to use skype, and if you own your own domain, upload a pic, and then send them the link. If only they receive this like, check your logs to see who accesses the image(aside form scanners of the service you send over - skype scans all links posted over which will show on your logs. same with Twitter in a DM for example, will see them show on your access logs).

1 hour ago, digip said:

logging or hacking into their stuff probably not a good route to go, but, you can always try engaging them in conversation and social engineering them to email you a pic or something similar, that gets you something from them, or, engage over your own web service like setting up a temporary site you ask them to visit and chat with you over or such. There are ways to go about it, but you have to be cunning and get them to do something they normally wouldn't do. Does facetime let you share files like skype? maybe even get them to use skype, and if you own your own domain, upload a pic, and then send them the link. If only they receive this like, check your logs to see who accesses the image(aside form scanners of the service you send over - skype scans all links posted over which will show on your logs. same with Twitter in a DM for example, will see them show on your access logs).

Brilliant. I'll definitely go about it that way. Thank you for you thoughts. I'll keep you posted if interested in how this plays out.