Nano get stuck while scanning wifi networks

Fabrizio

Hi all, i noticed that after few minutes of normal behavior, Nano becomes unstable. Wifi scan hangs at 100% without giving any output and Nano becomes unavailable. I tried to turn it off for 6-7 minutes and then everything went ok. Is it possible that a high temperature can affect the behavior?

Thanks everybody.

BR,

Fabrizio

Hi,

I have the same issue like Fabrizio, updated all available modules (incl. recon)  etc. but no difference even after reboot

When I shut down for a few minutes it works well, also saved settings like PineAP are not activated.

So maybe really a temperature problem?

Overall....difficult to follow the basics steps when the tool is not reliable. I need to deploy the tool remote, but how can I relay on it when it's during testing not working?

#

I need urgently a solution to make it work like promised.

Joe

and to add one more point...even when using Nano after a "cool down" period... I'm surprised by the results of the new scans

1st scan  - shows all ssid etc

following scans (i.e. 30 sec)  a few minutes later are showing only one SSID (as open!) with mac address of my nano

(of course there are many wifi around, so the check result is wrong)

very strange..

exactly... same behavior. It seems that after 20 minutes (more or less) the recon scans return just 1 or 2 SSID. all modules updated.

i also thought of a temperature issue. Nano becomes warm after 15-20 minutes and it seems to me that also becomes unstable.

I noticed a better reliability while the nano is connected to the pc and it's configured with a 3rd radio in client mode.

i will perform some other test tonight in order to be sure about that.

BR,

Fabrizio

I still have the same problem, Nano stopps working after a few minutes...

Nano running with latest firmeware (and ALL modules updated) , connect with USB-Y to current Kali-Linux 2.0 Notebook
Sharing Ethernet Internet and connecting to Nano via Webinterface

based on the settings first clients are connected, then after a few minutes I have ZERO information in the dashboard and Recon (15 / 30 sec) shows the 100% but does not continue.

Is there any chance to get support on this topic? I opened two tickets at the bug tracker.

Joe

wfi-2.png

wifi-3.png

On 15/09/2016 at 8:10 AM, dakobg said:
On 24/09/2016 at 6:42 PM, mbusinger said:

My nano does the same thing. It is running the latest updates. It used to be more random, now pretty much everytime I use Recon it hangs. I tired flashing back to factory image and reupgrading but didn't seem to help.

On 17/09/2016 at 7:50 AM, Rkiver said:

I had the same problem, also only occasionally, and a reboot usually solved it so looking forward to a proper fix.

My nano may be defective..  I purchased it last spring (March) -- & and I have never been able to get recon mode working reliably.

I have been waiting patiently for a firmware release where recon mode actually worked 100% - and despite all of the work done there for the latest release, this box of mine fails all the time. 

I have just installed the latest firmware (1.1.2), formatted the SD card, reset everything to defaults. I have no modules installed.

The nano is plugged into a 2.1A USB power supply. 

I access the nano via the management wifi interface. 

Recon mode when it works, works ONCE (@30 secs), maybe twice.

....then it freezes at 100% forever. Rebooting it sometimes fixes it, sometimes not. So -- This thing is -- IMO -- "unreliable." 

As I recall there was a batch of bad devices that shipped earlier this year. Is there any other diagnostics I can do to see why this thing freezes at 100% with the latest firmware installed?

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

I've upgraded my nano to the latest version 1.1.3 and have no problems at all.  Are you trying to run before you can walk?
check you have upgraded to latest version of firmware.  People will be more willing to help you with your issue if you remain calm.

• Upvote 1