Setup a USB installer for EFI boot? Kali / Debian?

vailixi

I was going to install Kali Linux on a laptop that I picked up. It's UEFI secure boot. I found some forum posts about this from 2013 but it is a post with an unclear tutorial and then all of the responses are people saying it didn't work and asking questions.

Have any of you guys done this lately? Is there a script for this or a well worded tutorial? This sounds stupid but EFI isn't really something I've had to deal with. My old Dell didn't have it. Then I got a Toshiba. I doesn't have it either. There's just a secure boot thing option you turn off in the bios and then you can install whatever you want on it. Then I picked up another Dell because it was on sale.

I'm not sure the whole process and I don't really have time to trial and error until I get it right. Does anyone have a script. I know how to copy the ISO to the flash drive and make a regular installer. As far as I know it's just adding a few files and directories. Not sure else to put on the flash drive or where it goes. Anybody?

Edited by vailixi