The Wifi PineApple Book

mcatroppo

Just got done watching the latest episode of HAK5. Where they were referenced on Mr.Robot. At the end I seen that there is a Wifi Pineapple book that can be purchased.

When I went online to purchase the Wifi Pineapple book. I could not find it. Any help is much appreciated.  Thanks

The Rubber Ducky was mentioned a couple episodes back on Mr. Robot but only briefly.  In the latest episode (8/31/16 air date) the ducky was used for pretty much a whole segment of the show and in the spot light.  It was really well done but they did leave one portion to mess people up if someone tries to do exactly what they did in the episode with the ducky.

I don't know anything about the Wifi Pineapple book though.

I've been sending the Hak5 team messages about the WiFi Pineapple book that Darren had in his hand at the end of the Mr Robot episode, but I still haven't received a return message. That book was a big tease but not found in there store, I hope we find out soon, I could use it. (image attached)

Wifi Pineapple Book.jpg

On 02/09/2016 at 8:01 AM, bored369 said:

In the latest episode (8/31/16 air date) the ducky was used for pretty much a whole segment of the show and in the spot light.  It was really well done but they did leave one portion to mess people up if someone tries to do exactly what they did in the episode with the ducky.

I've not watched this yet; what did they mess up?  was it intentional so that viewers have to find out for themselves, or was it an oversight?

On 9/2/2016 at 2:22 PM, mcatroppo said:

Just got done watching the latest episode of HAK5. Where they were referenced on Mr.Robot. At the end I seen that there is a Wifi Pineapple book that can be purchased.

When I went online to purchase the Wifi Pineapple book. I could not find it. Any help is much appreciated.  Thanks

It'll be in the shop on Monday.

45 minutes ago, bolus said:

I've not watched this yet; what did they mess up?  was it intentional so that viewers have to find out for themselves, or was it an oversight?

It was intentional they do that with most of the hacks on Mr. Robot, same way Breaking Bad was as realistic as possible but they made sure you're not going to be able to make meth just from watching it.

As to what it was, you'll have to watch and test and see ;)

1 hour ago, Tow3d said:

http://hakshop.myshopify.com/collections/wifi-pineappling

I think there will be a Kindle version. I am not sure if I can purchase the NANO before the 20th deadline and I can't find out how much the book will cost.

https://hakshop.myshopify.com/products/wifi-pineappling-book linked from that page you posted.

The book is $12 standalone and no mention of a digital version coming in the future or not.

I got mine last week and read it twice the first day. It's layed out rather nicely, well written, and fairly simple to understand. When I received my nano tactical and field kit a few months back, I was beginning at a disadvantage. I watched hours of videos, scoured forums, and basically floundered around for weeks. I can't complain though. If it weren't for the search for answers, I might have never started learning python. I honestly believe everyone owning either a nano or tetra will be extremely happy with the book. With as many noobs coming onboard, such as myself, Hak5 may even consider adding them to every device purchased.

I've been using the pineapples for quite a while now and encourage a buddy of mine to purchase the Tetra (*such a sweet device!).  He got the book so I took the opportunity to take a peek at it.  It was pretty much what you might expect - decidedly geared towards folks that are new to the whole concept of wifi pineapples and needing that extra hand holding to get them off to a good solid start.  If you have been using a pineapple for a while, you'll find there's nothing much in the book for you (assuming you're like most of us and not afraid to jump in with both feet).  BUT... if you're just starting out - this book is terrific.  I'm glad my buddy got a copy - it should be quite helpful to him.  Hopes this answers some of your questions.

I think that is pretty much along the lines of what I expected.  It is more of a beginner based book.  I have done some pineappling but there are still some things I don't fully understand and I am hoping that the book helps me out with that some.  I consider myself a pineapple novice who knows just enough to explain it and know what is legal and illegal but not enough to be effective with it.  I think it will be a $12 well spent. I will provide a review once I get it and read it.  Thanks again for the help everyone.  I gets here on Thursday woohoo.

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, Justus said:

3 months later nothing...  Its really sad.  Almost two months ago,  and also in november I received twice laconic answers that someone is surprised because they should be "already" on Kindle store. Like above -  still nothing...  sad...

As far as I am aware, we do not have any ebooks published right now. Darren did say he was looking into it, but has yet to move forward with anything.