Super computer ideas?

theyettihunta

what are you trying to do?  crack passwords, built home pentest lab, etc?

Personally, I would put different OS on each one and see how to break in or MITM or whatever else i could do to them. 

Edited by b0N3z

to my knowledge there are very VERY few 4X I7 slot boards most 4X are Xenon processor boards, also the model the OP posted is a lappy. dunno if the lappy I7 duo core will do you a whole load or good as a monster crack machine but cost will be your factor on a board, a quick google i had no luck finding a 2X slot I7 board for under ~$500 usd. single board and a butt load of ram is what i say, and instead of ri Pi's you could have a field day with a monster network for everything from web server, media server, podcast server,1 or 2 as gateways, bathroom linux box??? how cool would that be?... have fun in whatever you do with them.

On ‎22‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 4:05 AM, JCwarez said:

to my knowledge there are very VERY few 4X I7 slot boards most 4X are Xenon processor boards, also the model the OP posted is a lappy. dunno if the lappy I7 duo core will do you a whole load or good as a monster crack machine but cost will be your factor on a board, a quick google i had no luck finding a 2X slot I7 board for under ~$500 usd.

Multiple machines running a portion of the workload would work just as well. Save money, too.

A-F on one machine, G-L on the next machine, M-R on the next, etc.

• 1 month later...