Best Password Manager?

Vectre

On 6/24/2017 at 10:32 PM, ManosTheHackOfFate said:

I used to use 1Password and was very happy with it, but it doesn't support all of the platforms I'm on.

Then I discovered Enpass.  It supports a ton of platforms.  I've been on it now for about six months, and I've been reasonably happy with it.  It's similar to 1Password in a lot of ways.  I had no trouble importing my data.  My password database is encrypted and stored locally on all of my machines.  It's also stored encrypted on my NextCloud, which is how they all stay in sync.

I currently have it running on Mac, Windows, and Linux.  I'll be adding it to my phone soon.  The desktop versions are free.  The mobile version is $10.

Here's a PC Magazine review from a couple of years ago.

You sound like a Verified User.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The problem with software password managers, is they will always be vulnerable to malicious software. The easiest and most secure hardware password manager is the Mooltipass. Open source, debugged over the past few years, plugins for Chrome and Firefox, emulates a keyboard for compatible with all USB-equipped devices, and can work standalone with it's internal display. I have no idea how to hack this remotely.

On 2017/9/22 at 10:22 AM, Jeakass said:

Well . i remember i have used this tool to recovery Windows password , it is good , but i don't know anything about it on Android password manager

In fact , to recover Windows password , as i know the Recoverywindowspassword and Tunesbro are good.

• 5 months later...

For almost 30 years of computer use I was totally fine without any password manager, to be frank. Of course, by now I have around 90 websites where I would have to remember my login details, which makes it already impossible to follow. Some people use a simple text file to keep these details in one place. But guess what, I also tried that, I even archived this text file with password protection; however, in the end I forgot that password since I had not updated the file for a number of months. So I just started to use a free password manager to see how it goes. To be frank, I still don't like the idea that all my passwords and details are saved in one place be it Google Drive or locally. Also, if somehow my master password for this manager gets hacked or stolen from me, or if I am stupid enough to forget it without having a secret backup of it, I can lose all my login info. I do know there are paid password managers but I just found that, e.g., LastPass servers got hacked some time back. Of course, your info is encrypted but this certainly did not convince me that my data is safe anywhere really.

As a follow up, I ended up using Lastpass due to it being a lot cheaper than Dashlane (I'm a poor student :P). However now I'm slowly migrating everything over to Passman which runs on my own Nextcloud instance. It means that I can host my passwords myself and have full control but still access them from multiple devices. Passman is far from perfect but is certainly getting there, one day I'm sure it will fully replace Lastpass for me.