Where to go to get help with the ducky?

what happens when you plug the ducky into your computer?

you need encoder.jar to create an inject.bin

https://github.com/hak5darren/USB-Rubber-Ducky/blob/master/Encoder/encoder.jar?raw=true

This new version allows you to use alternative layout. It supports ASCII, ISO-8859-1 and unicode.

$java -jar duckencode.jar -i script.txt -o inject.bin -l fr
or
$java -jar duckencode.jar -i script.txt -o inject.bin -l resources/mylayout.properties

----------

Hak5 Duck Encoder 2.6.3

usage: duckencode -i [file ..] encode specified file
   or: duckencode -i [file ..] -o [file ..] encode to specified file

Arguments:
   -i [file ..]         Input File
   -o [file ..]         Output File
   -l [file ..]         Keyboard Layout (us/uk/fr/pt or a path to a properties file)

Script Commands:
   ALT [key name] (ex: ALT F4, ALT SPACE)
   ALT-SHIFT (Input Lanugage Swap)
   CTRL | CONTROL [key name] (ex: CTRL ESC)
   CTRL-ALT [key name] (ex: CTRL-ALT DEL)
   CTRL-SHIFT [key name] (ex: CTRL-SHIFT ESC)
   DEFAULT_DELAY | DEFAULTDELAY [Time in millisecond * 10] (change the delay between each command)
   DELAY [Time in millisecond * 10] (used to overide temporary the default delay)
   COMMAND | COMMAND [key] (For OSX Users ex: COMMAND SPACE)
   GUI | WINDOWS [key name] (ex: GUI r, GUI l)
   REM [anything] (used to comment your code, no obligation :) )
   SHIFT [key name] (ex: SHIFT DEL)
   REPEAT [Number] (Repeat last command N times)
   STRING [any character of your layout]
   [key name] (anything in the keyboard.properties)

Note:
   Getting strange behaviour with GUI to open windows-menu, WINDOWS appears to work ok (but GUI maps to WINDOWS), strange?

take the sd card out of the ducky. transfer the new inject.bin file to the sd card. put the sd card back into the ducky. you're ready to rock and roll.

Edited by axion

8 hours ago, axion said:

what happens when you plug the ducky into your computer?

you need encoder.jar to create an inject.bin

https://github.com/hak5darren/USB-Rubber-Ducky/blob/master/Encoder/encoder.jar?raw=true

This new version allows you to use alternative layout. It supports ASCII, ISO-8859-1 and unicode.

$java -jar duckencode.jar -i script.txt -o inject.bin -l fr
or
$java -jar duckencode.jar -i script.txt -o inject.bin -l resources/mylayout.properties

----------

Hak5 Duck Encoder 2.6.3

usage: duckencode -i [file ..] encode specified file
   or: duckencode -i [file ..] -o [file ..] encode to specified file

Arguments:
   -i [file ..]         Input File
   -o [file ..]         Output File
   -l [file ..]         Keyboard Layout (us/uk/fr/pt or a path to a properties file)

Script Commands:
   ALT [key name] (ex: ALT F4, ALT SPACE)
   ALT-SHIFT (Input Lanugage Swap)
   CTRL | CONTROL [key name] (ex: CTRL ESC)
   CTRL-ALT [key name] (ex: CTRL-ALT DEL)
   CTRL-SHIFT [key name] (ex: CTRL-SHIFT ESC)
   DEFAULT_DELAY | DEFAULTDELAY [Time in millisecond * 10] (change the delay between each command)
   DELAY [Time in millisecond * 10] (used to overide temporary the default delay)
   COMMAND | COMMAND [key] (For OSX Users ex: COMMAND SPACE)
   GUI | WINDOWS [key name] (ex: GUI r, GUI l)
   REM [anything] (used to comment your code, no obligation :) )
   SHIFT [key name] (ex: SHIFT DEL)
   REPEAT [Number] (Repeat last command N times)
   STRING [any character of your layout]
   [key name] (anything in the keyboard.properties)

Note:
   Getting strange behaviour with GUI to open windows-menu, WINDOWS appears to work ok (but GUI maps to WINDOWS), strange?

take the sd card out of the ducky. transfer the new inject.bin file to the sd card. put the sd card back into the ducky. you're ready to rock and roll.

Yep, using the encoder and it still doesn't work.

11 hours ago, axion said:

have you altered the firmware in any way? If you haven't then you might just have a bad usb ducky, (contact the hakshop). If you have, then you  should try to reflash back to the default firmware and try again.

No way, I'm way too big a noob to try messing with the firmware. Now I'm just getting a solid red LED so I'm thinking I've got a bad device.

Edited by Us3rnotfound

did it run the hello world script the first time you plugged it in?

AND

Are you talking about like a secondary payload like having it execute a file stored on the flash drive and not just the stuff that happens on the screen like CMD or powershell?

If so you need to flash it with the Twin duck firmware and then you can use the ducky payload to call to the *.exe payload.

You can't have it load an .exe or Jar without flashing it I think.

Edited by dood

19 hours ago, Us3rnotfound said:

No way, I'm way too big a noob to try messing with the firmware. Now I'm just getting a solid red LED so I'm thinking I've got a bad device.

from https://ducky-decode.googlecode.com/files/The USB Rubber Ducky Draft.doc:

I inserted my Ducky into a Windows Computer and nothing happens?

The Ducky’s LEDs are programmed to provide feedback to the user, flashing green LED usually means the computer and Ducky are talking to each other. A flashing red LED means the Ducky can’t read the SDcard.

Sometimes, the host OS is a bit slow and misses the Ducky’s commands while it is enumerating the device. The Ducky’s button acts as a simple reply button in its default setting.

Try pushing the button on the Ducky… any lights? actions?

Check that the Ducky’s button has not become stuck (thus, always entering dfu-mode).

Make sure the sd card is all the way in. I think it might need to be formatted as FAT. If your using your own personal sd card, try using the one that it came with.

I'm having the same problem. Trying to use the ducky to set up Chromebooks. I can load the .bin files onto the microsd card without any problem (using Windows 7), but when I plug the ducky in to the Chromebook, I just get a solid red light with no action. Card is all the way in, button isn't pushed down (and pushing it does nothing). I'm using the 128MB SD card that came with the ducky.

I'm a total newbie to this kind of stuff and I'm feeling in over my head. I'm just trying to make my job easier by automating some processes. Any help would be appreciated.

7 hours ago, bethany4143 said:

Trying to use the ducky to set up Chromebooks.

It acts just like a keyboard, so my first question is, do you have a spare (real) keyboard to plug into the chromebook to test that you can type with it? Also, can you test the ducky out on a Windows/Mac/Linux box at all, just to see if it works on that?

On 8/9/2016 at 4:06 PM, axion said:

It acts just like a keyboard, so my first question is, do you have a spare (real) keyboard to plug into the chromebook to test that you can type with it? Also, can you test the ducky out on a Windows/Mac/Linux box at all, just to see if it works on that?

I plugged a keyboard into the Chromebook, and it worked just fine. Plugged the ducky into my Windows machine, and I get the same red light and no action. When I initially plugged it in, it showed that it was installing device drivers, but then nothing. It also doesn't show as an external device on my computer.

18 hours ago, bethany4143 said:

It also doesn't show as an external device on my computer.

So, although it looks like a usb drive, it is really a keyboard, and will not show up as an external device on your computer. The only other thing I can think of is do you have a compiled "inject.bin" file on the sd card? Is the the file actually named inject.bin? If you have already done that, then I'm thinking you probably need to contact the hakshop (might be defective?).