[BETA Release] Firmware 3.0

Sebkinne

Just installed this today and forgot to format my sd card before hand and had trouble getting the new firmware to mount or recognize it, I finally reformatted it using gparted on a kali laptop I have and it finally mounted it, I tried installing a module on it and it says installed successfully but it doesn't show up under installed modules and refreshing the page just causes the loading animation to loop forever? I can click away to another page no problem but I can never get the "manage modules" page to load again? I even tried reformatting using the web interface after it didn't work the first time but it still doesn't work. Any suggestions? 

Thanks!

**Edit**

After fooling with it for hours and many re-flashes, I finally got a module installed and usable! I'm not sure what exactly my problem was but I'm glad I got it working! I haven't got to fool with it much more then getting it fully functional but it looks good so far! Thanks for the update!  

Edited by Hak6
problem solved

• 2 weeks later...

Just installed it. I have noticed a bug with display: when you have a lot of modules installed, the white background of the main panel doesn't go until the bottom of the page. Other than that it is a lot, a lot better than version 2.4. I definitely like the interface better and it will be easier for me to develop since using angularjs. Thanks for not giving up Mark V users.

Wep and reset

Hi all. Just installed the new beta.

I encountered two problems:

Cant get connected to a WEP Ap, after a few tries, the pineapple didnt boot anymore.

Now i cant reset it with the dip switches. Some idea? Didnt try over Lan till now, only the green light is on.

The dip switches doesent work anymore to reset? 

Edited by Mr.miYagi

Just got a Mark V, very pleased to see a beta released.

Great to see work being put in even with other more pressing projects at hand.

Could I ask though, how can I stop my devices being a target?

Am I missing something or is it just not implemented in beta?

I know in previous firmware this was possible but I can't seem to figure it out.

Love the new interface and modules all very clean.

Makes me want 6th Gen hardware for sure!

Great work Dev, thanks!

11 hours ago, zXuS said:

Just got a Mark V, very pleased to see a beta released.

Great to see work being put in even with other more pressing projects at hand.

Could I ask though, how can I stop my devices being a target?

Am I missing something or is it just not implemented in beta?

I know in previous firmware this was possible but I can't seem to figure it out.

Love the new interface and modules all very clean.

Makes me want 6th Gen hardware for sure!

Great work Dev, thanks!

Blacklist your devices MAC addresses or whitelist your targets MAC addresses.

How have I missed this for two months? :-)

I've just flashed my Wifi Pineapple MkV with the Beta Firmware 3.0... and it's working very nicely.  I was even able to update the MkV with my wacky +9.5 hours ahead of UTC time zone.

One thing that is a bit strange... my external AWUS036NEH USB Wireless radio is wlan1.   The MkV AR9331 radio is wlan0 (as expected), but the built in RTL8187 radio is now wlan2.

phy0    wlan0           ath9k           Not pci, usb, or sdio
phy0    wlan0-1        ath9k           Not pci, usb, or sdio
phy1    wlan1mon     rt2800usb    Ralink Technology, Corp. RT2870/RT3070
phy2    wlan2            rtl8187         Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8187

I've yet to power up the MkV without the external radio connected to see what happens.

Edited by lunokhod
Add results of airmon-ng

7 hours ago, lunokhod said:

How have I missed this for two months? :-)

I've just flashed my Wifi Pineapple MkV with the Beta Firmware 3.0... and it's working very nicely.  I was even able to update the MkV with my wacky +9.5 hours ahead of UTC time zone.

One thing that is a bit strange... my external AWUS036NEH USB Wireless radio is wlan1.   The MkV AR9331 radio is wlan0 (as expected), but the built in RTL8187 radio is now wlan2.

phy0    wlan0           ath9k           Not pci, usb, or sdio
phy0    wlan0-1        ath9k           Not pci, usb, or sdio
phy1    wlan1mon     rt2800usb    Ralink Technology, Corp. RT2870/RT3070
phy2    wlan2            rtl8187         Realtek Semiconductor Corp. RTL8187

I've yet to power up the MkV without the external radio connected to see what happens.

This is (afaik) an issue with which NICs are being detected first, and has existed in the past. Booting the Mark V without the NEH, and plugging it in after boot will work fine.

I am unable to get SCP to transfer any files across (in terminal or WinSCP) :( WinSCP just says that SCP is not enabled on the device, and terminal just spits out errors saying it couldn't find the tmp folder. I have tried all other transfer protocoles in WinSCP to no avail. Any ideas?

8 hours ago, Foxtrot said:

This is (afaik) an issue with which NICs are being detected first, and has existed in the past. Booting the Mark V without the NEH, and plugging it in after boot will work fine.

Thanks for that.  I worked around the issue.

I rebooted without the NEH plugged in and the RTL8187 was still coming up as wlan2.  :sad:

I then "Reset WiFi Configs to Default" in the Advanced section of Networking.  This reset the RTL8187 as wlan1.

Plugging in the NEH after resetting the WiFi Config resulted in it coming up as wlan2. :smile:  All good.

Now the two MKV radios remain at wlan0 and wlan1 regardless of the external radio being plugged in at boot or not.

Lunokhod.

Edited by lunokhod

3 hours ago, lunokhod said:

Thanks for that.  I worked around the issue.

I rebooted without the NEH plugged in and the RTL8187 was still coming up as wlan2.  :sad:

I then "Reset WiFi Configs to Default" in the Advanced section of Networking.  This reset the RTL8187 as wlan1.

Plugging in the NEH after resetting the WiFi Config resulted in it coming up as wlan2. :smile:  All good.

Now the two MKV radios remain at wlan0 and wlan1 regardless of the external radio being plugged in at boot or not.

Lunokhod.

Interesting. Did you flash the firmware with the NEH plugged in?

3 minutes ago, Foxtrot said:

Interesting. Did you flash the firmware with the NEH plugged in?

Yes I did.

I've been playing with it at work today and am most impressed with it's stability.
I used to be plagued with the Wireless Client connection to the internet dropping out randomly with the 2.x firmware.  No issues with that at all so far.

Edited by lunokhod

22 hours ago, Mr.miYagi said:

Im to stupid to find it, or this relaxe has no 3g Usb mode management?

No... I can't see it either!   I hope this does make it's way back in here.  :mellow:  I'm going to miss it if it's a no show.

I wonder if it is included in the Tetra and Nano version of the firmware.