mark iv bricked

Soroush

hello,

I have got a wifi pineapple mark iv a few years back but I ended up mostly using it as router and connecting it to the hotel cable so my wifi wouldn't be super bad

but now they stopped supporting it. 

It feels like all my money went down the toilet.

is there any way that I can bring it back to life? 

I thought about getting a mark v and now they don't set it anymore and there are 2 new models nano and something else

so most probably mark v will get bricked too sooner or later.

I'm Angry! i want an instruction on bringing mark iv back to life or refund (I also payed extra for customs fees in cananda! )

Wait, you broke something you bought years ago, and now you want a refund?  What kind of imaginary world do you live in?  Maybe if you look at the wiki, you'd find the downloads for the firmware there.  Then further searching this site, under the MK IV section, where this post should have been put, you'd find a link to Mr-Protocol's site that shows how to reflash it over a serial connection.

On 23/07/2016 at 11:30 PM, Soroush said:

but now they stopped supporting it. 

It feels like all my money went down the toilet.

I have a MKIV and I love it, Ive just bought a MKV and love that too, they are available you just need to look.  The MKIV is til supported as I set up the MKIV infusions wanted post/project which is now complete thanks to people like mr protocol etc. I aslo offer technical support to people with the MKIV and have help many people on this forum even by dialing into there machines to help them get it back into action.

The MKIV is very far from dead, you obviously cant see the wood from the trees!!!!

On 7/23/2016 at 6:58 PM, barry99705 said:

Wait, you broke something you bought years ago, and now you want a refund?  What kind of imaginary world do you live in?  Maybe if you look at the wiki, you'd find the downloads for the firmware there.  Then further searching this site, under the MK IV section, where this post should have been put, you'd find a link to Mr-Protocol's site that shows how to reflash it over a serial connection.

I didn't break anything, I picked my pineapple from back of the closet, when i saw infusions not working (was working when i put it in the closet few years back) and I saw "This version of the WiFi Pineapple is deprecated." On the site so I panicked and posted this on the forum. (I still can do basic stuff and even firmware upgrade with the web ui but there are no infusions :( and also when clicking on show public id,it shows "error connecting" but when i ssh to my pineapple and ping something it works )

I was wondering is there any other firmware other than the one from hak5 for wifipineapple mark iv. like ones they sell on amazon called tp link. will be useful for travel

Edited by Soroush

I did my own Pineapple Mark IV by buying my own Hornet from ebay and downloading the firmware required.

I'm very grateful for the guides to reflashing and all the work put into it.

If you'd just bought the pineapple a month ago and its fracked...well then I'd understand...but come on dude...put some effort in and reflash it yourself and educate yourself in the process.

You will not enjoy bringing your pineapple back to life but you get bragging rights that you did so yourself.

:)

10 hours ago, Soroush said:

I didn't break anything, I picked my pineapple from back of the closet, when i saw infusions not working (was working when i put it in the closet few years back) and I saw "This version of the WiFi Pineapple is deprecated." On the site so I panicked and posted this on the forum. (I still can do basic stuff and even firmware upgrade with the web ui but there are no infusions :( and also when clicking on show public id,it shows "error connecting" but when i ssh to my pineapple and ping something it works )

I was wondering is there any other firmware other than the one from hak5 for wifipineapple mark iv. like ones they sell on amazon called tp link. will be useful for travel

Still, the last pineapple firmware for it was released 3 years ago.  There aren't many commercial wifi router companies that keep downloads around that long either.  I know you won't be able to download the factory firmware for them from Alfa, I looked for it a year ago and it's not on their site anymore.  You might be able to get a copy of it from someone here if you ask in the mk iv section.

There's also openwrt firmware for it, haven't tried it though.

https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/alfa.network/hornet-ub

Edited by barry99705

7 hours ago, barry99705 said:

Still, the last pineapple firmware for it was released 3 years ago.  There aren't many commercial wifi router companies that keep downloads around that long either.  I know you won't be able to download the factory firmware for them from Alfa, I looked for it a year ago and it's not on their site anymore.  You might be able to get a copy of it from someone here if you ask in the mk iv section.

There's also openwrt firmware for it, haven't tried it though.

https://wiki.openwrt.org/toh/alfa.network/hornet-ub

thanks for link
i think openwrt-ar71xx-generic-hornet-ub-squashfs-sysupgrade on here is the right one.

the download link for 2.8.1 will bring just the old layout for the mark iv, but I remember being able to install the new layout (box layout) that looked better on mobile on it.

any link for downloading that?

UPDATE:

found this and where to download the infusions

Edited by Soroush

I have the 2.8.1 from the site and infusions from github, I'm looking for a way to get the new design image and an instruction to install the infusions, because the instructions listed in the forums seems not to work. I was looking for a wrt and the one I found was didn't have web ui, if you know a .bin file for wrt that can give me a wpa2 and web ui, I would be most grateful.

thanks a lot.