Website source files

Hello everyone, I hope your day is going well. This is a post about a way for me to download all the source files of a website. By this I mean get all the files that I need to edit the website how I want and then reupload on a different domain under a different name. This may sound malicious and unethical but I am only needing to do this to see some effects on a certain site so I need to see all the files that the website was made of(html, css, js and images etc.) Please help me guys I will be so greatful. Thank you for your time

Have you even tried Googling this?  There are many different ways you can clone a website.  Two ways are to use either wget or the Social Engineering Toolkit.  The only files you won't be able to get are server-side scripts (i.e. PHP, ASP, etc.).

Thanks for all the replies but I just wanted to know if doing the wget technique gets all the html, css, and js files as well as the images exactly how they were put onto the internet? If I do this can I mirror a site, and then put one up similar with some changes and have them look similar with different text? Thanks again for your time

After everything we've given you to work with you could at least try and find out.  I'm pretty sure the words "mirror" and "clone" in previous posts give you enough information to make a decision on whether wget is right for you.

Could you be more specific about "The wget method"? What was the *exact* command you gave that didn't produce the desired result, and what was the *exact* response wget gave you when trying to access the css.